It is a snowy day here and I must be brief as the rest of the family is at home also and do not know about my "secret" life here in blogland. My husband must think I'm having an on-line affair as each time either he or my son enters the office, I almost give myself whiplash from reaching to shut off the computer screen before they see what's on it. What am I afraid of them knowing? My actual weight, of course.
I have been terribly apathetic about my workouts lately and feel so guilty when reading all my favorite posts and how dedicated everyone else is. I haven't done my weigh-in yet because I know it's going to be up. I think I've gotten this train back on track by working out this morning and recognizing that I have gotten very lax about my eating habits. No big harm done but just enough to get my attention and do something positive about it.
Additional apologies for now having to moderate the "comments" section of my blog. Unfortunately, there are a few sad people in the blogosphere who try to use our already established blogs as a free billboard for their suspect causes. I, like many of you, have worked hard to create a thoughtful and encouraging forum for like-minded friends trying to reach their goals and regret that there are some who lack the imagination or initiative to do likewise. Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way. So, I will still be open for my old friends' comments and any newcomers who have something encouraging and helpful to say. I hope you all understand.
5 comments:
Wow, I used to do that with my blog too, terrified of my boyfriend knowing my weight. One day I told him we had to talk and he got all worried, like I was going to say that I was cheating or something and the sad part is, I wish that could have been my news! But I just told him my weight, because I wanted to be able to share exact pounds with him so that I could celebrate in the open.
Youll be fine, we all slip sometimes. Get your butt up and start working out again, :)
Awww hugs! We all have our times where we're just not that into it - especially during winter. Good for you for working out this morning because it's the only way to get back into it. I think the best thing I've taken away from reading weight loss blogs is to just keep going. I just finished reading The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl and was so inspired by her because she never gave up and met her goal even after falling off the wagon for months at a time.
If it makes you feel better my husband doesn't know my weight either. I will tell him when I reach my goal weight ;)
Thank you for paying me a visit!
Good luck with your endeavors!
It's hard to get back on sometimes but I like to just try link one good decision onto the next. Focus on the little things and not the long haul. Before you know it, you'll be back in the groove.
Aww, geez, I don't have apologize to every weight loss blogger when I am off track do I??? I'd be apologizing my life away. I have enough to worry about apologizing to myself, I think.
But if you need that, Gigi, sure, apology accepted. Get back on track to be our role model again! :)
Post a Comment