Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Tangled Web

I thought this was going to be my big break-through year. And it probably still can be but some strong headwinds have developed that are going to make the journey harder than I thought. I mentioned last week about the horrible panic attacks I've been having - almost a daily occurence these past few weeks which has never been the pattern before. A couple of days ago my doctor's office calls and tells me that my thyroid is overactive and I need to cut back on my meds for it and they give me a new regimen. Then from some random readings I discovered that an overactive thyroid can trigger panic and soy (which I've been substituting for milk due to allergies) can interfere with thyroid function. Sounds like I need to address all these issues with just ONE doctor.

You'd think with a slightly overactive thyroid that the pounds would just be melting off. Well, you'd be wrong. I have been faithful about walking every day but admit to more pasta indulgences than were good for me. That, and I guess I haven't been drinking enough water. I am still stuck around 206 - give or take 1/2 pound - and it's very frustrating. I will talk to my doctor and try to get everything straightened out. And I'm holding on very tightly to my sense of humor - but it ain't easy.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hang in there!! I suffer from anxiety and understand completely. I'm sure once you get your thyroid back under control you will start to see a loss again and you will feel better. Don't give up and by all means keep that sense of humor!!!

new*me said...

Just breathe :) I have some anxiety issues as well and have started to experiment with Sam-E.........have you tried it?

Big Girl said...

hang in there. keep the faith, this still can be your year.