Monday, March 30, 2009

I'll Get To It....

I am a world champion procrastinator and am in tip-top form this morning. I have a ton of things to do and can feel the anxiety building as I continue to put them off. I am capable of accomplishing each and every one of those things on my to-do list and yet am hesitating at getting started; even though I feel more anxious with each passing minute. Of course, working out is on the list too. And the weird part is that I know I'll feel so much better once I've cleared even a little bit off the decks - that sense of accomplishment and being productive is SOOOO satisfying. So why don't I "just do it"? I've got no answers. It's a rainy Monday but I sure could brighten it up but getting all this stuff done. Maybe it's time to switch back to high octane coffee.

Does anybody else have this problem and if so, what gets you back on track? Inquiring minds want to know.

6 comments:

jessi said...

I do this so much. I don't know what my deal is either. I will sit somewhere and say to myself . . "Self? you know if you just move your ass and get this stuff done you will be happier" and then i respond "yeah, but i don't feel like it" - which just results in more procrastination. I think sometimes I need a personal ass-kicker. NOT my husband.

Mark Salinas said...

Coffee helps yes..sometimes I set a small goal that can potentially lead to a bigger one. Like taking a step, followed by a walk and maybe even a run. My take anyway! :)

Tina said...

I'm such a procrastinator too. I make a list and do all the small stuff first. Because physically crossing stuff off my list is so satisfying to me (yeah I need a life) I tend to do more so I have everything crossed off at the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I always tell myself that I'll quit procrasinating later.

Then I tell myself ALL the reasons I'll do it later while starting to do just a little at a time. Turn the radio on...and off I go :)

new*me said...

Try a Lo-Carb Monster energy drink......! WOW is all I can say after I have had one ;)

I just jump in and start doing it. Turning on some great tunes can help too :)

carla said...

I do the smaller steps to bigger goals and, if I cant get moving on even those (hello yesterday!) I know its something bigger.
something for me FAR MORE POWERFUL than procrastination that is coloring my not wanting to even start.