I went shopping for some jeans yesterday as I seem to be in that netherland of women's and misses sizes: 18W are a bit too big, Misses 16 too small. So rather than continuing to run up the shipping fees equivalent to a small Central American country's GDP, I decided to pay a visit my old fallback - Lane Bryant.
I settled on a pair of black stretch denims with the bootcut leg - just what the fashion experts tell you to wear for a more slimming profile. But I don't get why LB is falling in line with every other clothing outfitter in having the newer, modified waistbands that don't actually come up to your waist. The jeans fit great every place but the waistband. So stop calling them waistbands and call them what they really are - tummy gouging tourniquets. As if I needed the feeling of something more hanging on to my hips and stomach than this ever-present pudge.
But the worst thing of all was having to carry the Lane Bryant bag all around the rest of the mall with me for all to see. I might as well have been carrying a bag that read "Wide Load". I wished I had another bag - a brown paper bag - to either put the LB bag in or wear over my head. Just another reason to keep losing the weight.
7 comments:
LOL So true...they need anonymous bags. I used to hate carrying them around.
:)tj
Ha, thats how I used to feel after Id shop there, it actually does inspire one to keep going.
That is so funny. I feel the same way about the LB bags. Thanks for the laugh.
Yes they need plain brown wrappers :) You should check out Lee jeans. They come in every size and they have this semi-stretchy waist band that fits great and you'd never know it was there. If you order online there's usually a coupon and they come in a day or 2.
I'm kind of where you are size-wise right now ;)
My biggest stress is my upper half is now so much smaller than the lower half so dresses are about out now and I love dresses ;)
Just wishing my tummy area will catch up with the rest ;)
Or how about this...carrying a hanging bag all around the mall so your dress doesn't get wrinkle. The hanging bag scream, " Hey everybody look at me. I'm fat and this is the only store I can shop at. Yay me!"
Post a Comment