As I was sitting yesterday I noticed how big my belly was and automatically started pounding on myself about just how big it was. "How am I ever going to lose this thing? It's impossible. I can't do this. It's a waste of time to try....." You all probably know how this winds up: you get that negative beat going on in your head and soon it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. But yesterday I caught myself before it all started rolling downhill. I reminded myself that from my high of 229, that belly is actually much smaller than it used to be. Sure, it's got a ways to go but I felt relieved that some progress had already been made - I just needed to think of the more positive stuff than going in the other direction.
Some good news - a small loss down to 205.4 this morning. I still want to lose that 5.4 before Mother's Day. Can do!
7 comments:
I hear you on the belly. Sometimes I feel like mine is its own entity. Staying positive is SO important. You have such an awesome sense of humor which will totally help you reach your goal...and then some!
Good for you for catching yourself before it got to bad. I have done this before many times and it ends up with me shoving any food I can find in my mouth in hopes to feel better. Oviously that doesn't work but I can never seem to convince myself of that at the time :). I am so glad you didn't let it get that far. You are doing great! You can definitely lose that 5 pounds before Mother Day :).
You have done so well, but I agree, it's hard sometimes when you still don't look the way you'd like. You will definitely get those 5 pounds off by Mother's Day!
good job on the loss and turning around your negative thoughts! You always need to look at where you were and see how far you've come. :)
:) tj
205 is sweet! Great job!
I get that way too sometimes, and I just have to remind myself that my only choice other than LOSING is GAINING. That usually helps lol
it is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
and the negativity only makes you less likely to succeed.
I WAS COMPLETELY THERE YESTERDAY.
Im a piece of work Im trying to do---and once I started thinking I CAN NOT DO THIS it spiraled from there.
dont be me.
Just came across you blog for the first time, and just wanted to tell you that I love your profile--very funny!! Maybe you should do stand-up? I hope you reach your Mother's Day Goal!!
Post a Comment