For as rotten a day as yesterday was, today is starting out quite the opposite. First of all, the sun is shining and while it won't make much of a dent in the 2+ inches of frozen slush on my driveway, it is nonetheless bright and uplifting - and we could all use a little of that in the dead of winter. Then all the traffic lights were green and people were, if not friendly, then not their usual pushy selves (I love living in the Northeast but some of these Cranky Yankees really get on my nerves at times. Note to self: grow a thicker skin.) But the best news of all is that since my last weigh-in, I'm down 7 pounds to 207.4!!! I know it's not my usual weigh-in date but I couldn't help taking a peak. It is the sole reward for eliminating (against my will) so much from my daily diet.
I'm still struggling with the anxiety - it always spikes when around my sick parents. I am determined, though, never to return to anti-depressants as they helped me pack on 35 extra pounds to an all-time high of 229 and withdrawal from them was harder than kicking cigarettes. They are a life-line for some but not worth the extra poundage for me. I'm learning all I can about positive self-talk and other anti-anxiety methods. Surely, weighing 22 pounds less than my all-time high helps lessen the load (figuratively and literally).
No Super Bowl party plans other than to hang out with husband and son. I'll be making a big pot of pasta e fagiole soup (my one and only specialty) and making sure the boys take their Bean-o beforehand. That way, nobody wakes up with a tan the next morning.
Enjoy the weekend.
4 comments:
7lbs - wonderful!!! Doesn't it feel great. I'm not doing anything for SuperBowl either - going to a bridal show actually. I'm thinking of having our wedding celebration catered. Should be fun!
7 pounds is awesome! Great job. Have a great weekend and enjoy your soup!
your waking up with a tan comment was too funny. and 7 pounds, you totally rock.
have a great weekend.
Oh, I do not miss the slush. Today we had sun too (yesterday was heavy fog) and I left work at 5:45 and it was still a bit light.
Here, we will have flowers soon. Go buy some for yourself for a reminder to breathe. . .!
Post a Comment