Monday, January 5, 2009

The Oprah Countdown

Monday, January 5th, 4:00 pm and I'll be strapped in to my couch (I know what you must be thinking - that must be one big-ass couch) watching Oprah's "confession" about how she gained back all her weight. She, along with anyone else struggling with their weight, owes me NO explanation. I have been where she is many times over. The good habits take so very long to make and are so very easy to break. She is human, just like the rest of us who try and fail and keep trying until we finally succeed. But I am always on the lookout for traps to avoid and so I'll be watching ...along with today's purchase of People magazine's weight loss success stories. The difference this year from last is that I will be watching/reading, not looking for someone else's directions on how to do the healthy thing, but as a proud, card-carrying member of the weight loss community who has finally learned that the only one who can lose my weight for me...is me!

3 comments:

Big Girl said...

Oprah has a whole team to help her but you are totally right, you are the only one that can lose weight for yourself.

Tina said...

I can't believe I didn't record it today before I left the house! Hopefully it will be online. I read the magazine this month and it was a very inspiring article. My husband asked about it and I told him that it just felt good to know that the Queen of the World (as I call her) struggles just like the rest of us. Yeah she has a team of people but they certainly didn't make her gain her weight back.

carla said...

I have it set to tivo (it's tivo'd I guess at this point) but am torn.
I love the oprah but she is starting to irk me a bit with all this.

there.

I said it.

I know she is struggling but so are so many of us...