I did my January weigh-in this morning. Gak! Up 5.4 pounds! And as I pushed the scale around to different parts of the floor, hoping to find some non-existant sweet spot that would magically erase a few pounds, I figured I'd been busted. There was no place left to run or hide. The scale had the same exact reading in every corner of the room. Damn this modern technology!
I'm a little caught in the transition phase of moving exercise indoors and acclimating to a new year and all the reflection that comes along with it. I've lingered a little too long at the holiday goodies table and have grazed my way back up over the 210 mark - a psychological barrier for me. I want to push through that and then work my way down through my next big marker - 200. My head doesn't really feel like it's in the game but I just need to start doing it day after day until it becomes a habit again. What does that take - about 30 days for something new to become a habit? Might as well get on with it - it won't happen by itself, but lordy, I do feel like molasses in January.
1 comment:
Oh that sweet spot... I've tried that trick too! That totally made me laugh. It is hard to get back in the swing of things, I'm stuggling with it as well but made today the day I go out and get some exercise. No excuses.
Post a Comment