This seems to be the week that some wonderfully relevant quotes have found their way to me. I particularly like the following - especially in terms of making time for exercise.
"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" - John Wooden
I'm older than most of my fellow bloggers - 51 - and let me tell you that when I turned 50, it was like a switch going off in terms of things I shoulda/coulda/woulda done by then...a time bomb of sorts. Not to put too depressing a spin on things but this past year has been spent taking a real accounting of my life and I was coming up far short of a lot of things I was certainly capable of accomplishing... but hadn't. As the reigning Queen of Procrastination, I have always told myself "I'll do it tomorrow" - until that pivotal life event - mine was turning 50 - that makes you suddenly realize how much time you've squandered and how much more you could've done with your life than you did. Time keeps passing whether you do something worthwhile with it or not.
Okay, okay - I know I'm starting to sound like a Janis Ian song and that's the last thing I wanted to do. I only mean to say that time well spent will never be regretted. I don't want any more regrets than I already have so I'm keeping this quote close to me. Are there any inspirational quotes that any of you would like to pass along that have special meaning to you? I'd love to hear about them.
1 comment:
Love the quote!!
I have a whole book of quotes I have put together over the years...things for all situations. Quotes are great!
Post a Comment