Rounding the corner to the check-out this morning at BJ's I suddenly found myself face-to-face with the Lays display rack and felt faint. Since when did the store start placing the chips here? I know I had passed another display over near the soda section where I was fully aware of its presence and therefore in full resistence mode. But now my resolve is compromised by this sensory ambush. I even slowed the cart down - no small task given the size of these monsters. They don't exactly turn on a dime, you know. It would be sooooo easy to just bag up a couple of these salty sirens in one of those jumbo plastic bags provided by BJ's - after all, they DO sell in bulk and there is a two bag minimum with the chips. Hmmm, I can't buy just ONE bag but would a pallet be too much?
Just then, the warm cheese danish aroma eminating from the bakery hit me full on and the seduction was underway. If the lights had suddenly dimmed I'd have done it. I'd have given in to my wanton salty passion and bagged those babies up. But.....before I let my thinking process become fully engaged (picture me seated at my kitchen table scarfing down large quantities of chips with a pastrami sandwich chaser...Mmmmmm) I started moving again. The check-out was within sight. Safety was only a few steps away. I made it. Safe again....until next time.
2 comments:
Good for you! It's victories like that we need to celebrate!
Great job resisting. Gosh I do love a Lay's chip.
Post a Comment