I've got an annoying habit that whenever things start going my way a little, I kick back and coast - seemingly under the impression that the goal I'm after will suddenly appear before me and be placed in my outstretched hands. Tsk, tsk - when will I ever learn?
I last posted that my weight had fallen to 207.4 - down 7 pounds since my January weigh-in. This was due to my allergist telling me to stop eating anything with yeast and cow's milk in it. And it's true - the weight was melting off. But I stopped exercising too. And began eating Lay's potato chips again - in bulk (because they're the only safe snack food that I've dared eat). And so while I got an even lower reading on the scale this weekend - 206.4 - today's number spiked to 209.4!
I know, I know - I can't be looking at the scale this often. I can't help myself - I haven't seen numbers like these in years. But the point is that I stopped doing the really important work - exercise - and I think my body's finally saying, "Hey, I'm not going to do this all by myself, ya know. Get yer ass off the couch and move!" So true. That, and calling a nutritionist to figure out some more suitable food options than those of the Frito Lay variety.
Nothing worthwhile ever happened on its own. I'm finding that out with weight loss and starting a new career. Both have given me moments of extreme worry and frustration but I'm hoping to enjoy equal parts of success and pride with both in the not too distant future.
5 comments:
I ate Lay's this weekend too. My justification was that it was the Super Bowl when in fact, I was actually watching the puppy bowl on Animal Planet. I didn't feel like that much of a loser until I wrote that down ;) I'm sure a nutritionist could really help you find some alternative food. I'm sure there's a lot of info on the web too from other people who have the same problem. Meanwhile hang in there. I'm also trying not to weigh as much and it's not easy!
I bet the weight gain was largely due to the salt in those chips. I so have to get back into exercising - which will be my challenge for this week. A wlak every night after supper. New career - sounds exciting!
I found a good article on making whole wheat bread in the bread machine. It has some recipes too! I'm going to wait until the weekend to try it.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/26047/100_whole_wheat_bread_recipes_for_the.html?cat=22
or, perhaps, get cocky and channel it into doing MORE? cross train a bit? try new foods?
take that cockiness and mold it into selfesteem and throw those shoulders back and STRUT :)
Hi Gigi. I stumbled upon your blog and I really enjoy it! I have a Blog that has become a huge help to me with keeping on track of my eating. Stop by to check it out if you can, Id appreciate it! :)
Thanks!
Tj
tjstestkichen.blogspot.com
Post a Comment