Thursday, January 29, 2009

Out Flat

I thought the holidays were supposed to be the busy time of the year but am finding January very hard to navigate. Today was Stress Central - visited my parents in CT but first got stuck in a snowbank in their icy driveway. Half an hour later, after digging myself out and with the help of a lovely neighbor, I entered their house to find Dad's blood pressure bottoming out at 66 over 26. Crank-case that he is, he refused the paramedics and had me take him to his doctor - who also knows he's a crank and telling him to go to the hospital won't do any good as long as he's conscious. Luckily, his pressure improved and I was able to stay on schedule (how selfish does THAT sound?! Long story.) - back home to MA for another blood draw at the allergist's, salting my too-long driveway and all of a full 15 minutes left before I have to meet my son at the bus stop because the ice is so bad on our street.

I doubt I'll have time to exercise - altho the shoveling and swearing in my parents' driveway will probably be adequate for today. Tomorrow's another day and I hope I can pace myself to do a little of everything that has to be done. I feel very distant from myself as if I'm on autopilot and the thoughts and feelings are deeply buried and hard to locate - which is always a bad thing. I need to remind myself that it'll all get done - altho probably not in time or in order of necessity but I just need to keep chipping away.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds like you are having some crazy weather up there! Hang in there...spring is on the way!

Donnalouise said...

Crazy weather brings on crazy days. I'm sure you've done plenty for today - now find time to relax :)