Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How Would You Choose To Lose?

Now that I've been reassured that I won't die if I have the occasional ice cream cone (unless I insert the pointy end through my eye), I have nonetheless stopped eating anything with cow's milk or yeast and I can feel the weight melting away. However, I am not having any fun whatsoever with my food. I recognize the need to get more balance in my diet and will do my best to stay clean for the next 6 months - at which time I'll be retested and hopefully my numbers will be better.

But before I knew I could have these foods again at some point in the future, I wondered: would it be better to be overweight and still have complete access to any food OR thin but only able to eat from certain food groups (not including baked goods, carbs or dairy)? What do you think?

3 comments:

Big Girl said...

tough call on that question, not really sure which I'd choose.

glad it you're feeling thinner!

Donnalouise said...

Hey girl!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog and keeping in touch while I was out of it. I just fell completely off my wagon and the numbers on the scale are showing it. But I'm back and getting slowly on track. I really appreciate your support.

As for your question - if thin means I would be healthy then I woudl pick that and not eat the *yummy* foods :)

45+ and Aspiring said...

Interesting question. . . since I've never been thin, I am not sure I can accurately answer. I think it's a myth though that thin people can eat whatever they want.

I do think it's important for me to find ways to have fun with food. I think to try to give that up is changing too much of myself. Fresh raspberries are fun. Fresh basil on anything is fun.