Monday, May 4, 2009

Feeding Frenzy

After two long weeks of couch riding, the talking walls finally convinced me to do something about it yesterday - eat like I was going to the chair. And being of the fairly suggestible type, I agreed.

Eating out of boredom and frustration is never a pretty thing and yesterday was positively butt-ugly. Have you ever cracked open a can of frosting - not to frost a cake with but to just eat? I did. Well hell, they never give you enough in one can to actually frost an entire cake with so I guess if I tried to put a positive spin on this then I ought to say that I was just getting another 1/2 can ready for the next birthday cake I'll need to frost (which would be for MY birthday, as luck would have it). Then I followed it with a side of pasta salad. Does it matter if it was a 1/2 pint or a full one? And would using the metric system right now make my sin appear worse or less? Oh, and did I mention that the potato chips found their way into my house again? And then they found their way into my mouth? No? Well they did. And then I just looped off and on these three things for the rest of the day. I don't need a lot of variety - a simple plan will do.

If I were still in my right mind I would be appalled at my behavior but that's really a non-issue at this point. I keep telling myself that the end is in sight and soon I'll be able to work-out and do all my beloved yard work but it hasn't happened soon enough. There are plenty of non-physical things I could be doing but I'd much rather focus and all the things I can't do - it's in my DNA - I can't help it. People wouldn't recognize me if I accomplished many things without complaining and actually came close to attaining my full potential - which is a (loooong) post for another day. Slackers rule!

8 comments:

VRaz60 said...

I, too, have a genetic predisposition for poor eating choices. You're not alone!! They make Chips Ahoy for a reason....ME!!

Big Girl said...

I will confess. Yes. I eat frosting out of the can. Straight out of the can. Haven't done it in a while since I only buy frosting if I'm going to make a cake because, that would just be wrong to have a can sitting unopened in the cupboard.

The chips may have found their way back to your mouth, but a (nother) chocolate bunny found the way to mine! YIKES! make it stop!!!

Lee said...

Thankfully, I didn't have any of my no - no foods in the house yesterday. As it was, I managed to overeat Mediterranean hummus. Talking walls, eh?

Patty said...

I think I know what you are talking about. When I had pink-eye all I could do was focus on how I couln't see. It is hard to be motivated when you are healthy, but it is extra hard when you are fighting something or getting over something and actually have a good excuse! :-)

Is the birthday coming up soon?

Tina said...

Hmmm. Chips fell into my mouth too. I see a pattern emerging here.

new*me said...

you know....I have those days now and then. I used to hate myself for them but now I just go with it.....get a good walk later and start fresh the next day. It's a lifestyle change and we are all expected to have a bad day.

carla said...

frosting in the house IN A CAN is my nemesis.

Homemade? eh, not so much.
something about the can and a spoon.

a Miz diZaster in the waiting.

Unknown said...

yikes...uumm I added the award to my blog by going through the customize link...then adding a GADGET...they have one that is a PICTURE...so I just uploaded the pic from there. All I did was drag the award to my desktop. Hope that helps ya...Im not a toatl geek I just try stuff...and see if it works. lol I needed lots of help with blogger when I started! lol

:) email me if your havin a problem I will be in and out today but i will try to get back to ya! :)
tjbooboo@gmail.com