Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stupid Human Tricks

Not much to say today. While still at less than full capacity, I am just chomping at the bit to get as busy as the rest of you are blogging about. I am also chomping at the pasta salad that mysteriously (by my own hand) appeared in my fridge.

I continue my George Costanza regimen in which I am doing the exact opposite of what I think I should do or always have done. Results thus far are inconclusive. I weighed myself this morning and while I'm unchanged from last week, I feel incredibly bloated and the new size 16w's are snug - which they were when I bought them last month but figured by this time they'd fit fine. Unlike George, I think I'm having some sort of hormonal surge that always puffs me up for a few days and makes me go all Lizzie Borden. Go ahead, just ask my husband.....right after I've decided to remove the duct tape from his mouth, wrists and ankles. However, in keeping with this new opposites regimen I am doing something incredibly stupid today which is playing tennis against my friend on a 90 degree day with a still uncertain ankle. In true George form, I ask myself, "What's the worst that can happen?" Not to worry friends, my tennis buddy is a doctor and should anything go awry I can either allow her to fix me up onsite or file a malpractice lawsuit - whichever my hormones tell me to do at the time.

Hope all is well where you are and that you have a great long weekend! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Testing...

Patty said...

1..2..3..test...can you hear me now?

Hey Gigi--everyone is experiencing the issue with blogger, but they don't know it yet. I swear, i kept thinking "what did I say? Who did I cross the line with? Why did I get kicked out of the fatchickblogclick?

So how's hubby? Should you get him a glass of water or something? Aww, forget it...won't do him any good with the duct tape and all.

I know sometimes I get all pollyanna, but the fact that you are fighting though this last little setback is proof that you are ready to do this!! BTW, did the x-rays clear you for tennis??

Oh, I just had a thought...maybe Shelley is in charge of blogland and we got black balled for hi-jacking her "I love Will Ferrell and i am gonna jog" Post!! :-)

carla said...

Hey George,

How was the TENNIS?

xo xo,

Elaine

StarvingBitch said...

I have those days too...you can ride em out I have faith in you!