Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Basement to Mezzanine

I finally got some exercise yesterday - 25 minutes on the treadmill at a blistering 2.0 mph. I had to - the varicose veins in my other leg were demanding it. No more laying about - the leg was seizing up and wanting elevation, exercise and water (altho mercifully, not all at the same time). The bad news? The t-mill motor is shot. Yes, who doesn't love that slight burning smell that makes you tick through the list of possible causes - 1) the furnace turning on (it was cold and rainy yesterday), 2) last night's tacos (urp!) or 3) the f-ing treadmill burning a hole in my berber carpet. Oh yes, it was #3.

I can't skip exercise today so it's off to the mall to return all those cool summer things I bought online thinking I was going to look like a million bucks in them. Wrong. There's an especially nasty bathing suit with straps across the back that remind me of grandma's favorite quilt. I'll be doing the rounds still in my scuffies (due to nasty healing lizard skin) but in this part of the world I shouldn't raise any red flags. In spite of my crappy mood I do think I'm in turnaround mode, having bottomed out and on the way back up. Can the new gym membership be far behind?

11 comments:

VRaz60 said...

So, today you'll be a mall walker. No big deal. More interesting than the treadmill anyway. :)

F. McButter Pants said...

Never walked at the mall before. It should be a great place to "people" watch. I love doing that.

Too bad about the treadmill. Burnt a hole in your carpet? At least it wasn't the furnance. That would have sucked!

Patty said...

Way to go Gigi! I can feel your determination. Sometimes we do have to hit rock bottom, and then, there is no stopping us!

H.K. said...

We have a group of moms who walk together and when it's raining they walk in the mall.

IF you do join the gym, now is the time, since gym fees have really gone down.

Unknown said...

check out my recent post...I picked ya! :)tj

Tina said...

Glad you are on the way back up! Now really is a good time to get a gym membership. I've noticed the rates are better and there are much less people!

Lee said...

Can the motor be replaced? That's such a drag...burning your carpet too. Glad you're feeling better & ready to face the mall.

Fat[free]Me said...

You must have given that treadmill a hammering! Poor carpet, eh?

Gym membership has been a life-saver for me - go for it, you are worth it!

Shelley said...

A new gym membership will be fun and motivating! I'm excited for you!

Hollie said...

Hi... I've been reading your blog and I love it!

You have a little something on my blog - www.skinnyhollie.com

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog....
At least you are getting back on track now, instead of a month from now, right? We all go through those times.