A small victory of sorts to report today. I had to get a new pair of sneakers because the old pair is actually almost worn out from use (notice I do not disclose how long it took me to wear them out but I digress). Imagine that - wearing out a pair of sneaks with the added bonus of the inner thigh seam of all my exercise pants still intact! Okay, but that's still not the best part. In the past, whenever I put on my sneaks I would always have to put my foot on a chair to tie them because bending over to do it was seriously interfering with the breathing process - and we all know that pretty much every death is caused by shortness of breath. But today I was able to bend over and tie the new sneaks without benefit of a separate staging area. Yay, me! I felt so good about it that I bought myself a cute pair of black strappy sandals too - which I sincerely doubt I'll wear out but it should be fun trying.
Note to self: enjoy the small victory but don't get so cocky about it that you completely blow off all the stuff that got you here.
12 comments:
Great note to self....I think I've written that same note.
I was so excited when I could bend over and tie in laces in the middle instead of on the side.
Great post!
Small victories, big victories... I saw we celebrate them all.
Very cool - and glad you got a cute pair of sandals as well!
OMG! That is awesome! When my bro in law tried out for the biggest loser, they asked him why he wanted to be on the show and he said so he could finally tie his shoes without losing his breath, lol. Congrats, and to me, that is a HUGE victory! :)
I love victories like that! YIPEEEEEEE Keep up the great work!!!
:)tj
Celebrate the small victories, and they'll pave the way for the big ones. Yay!
Worn down sneakers are a badge of honor. I salute you!
Oh Gigi, I am so happy for the shoe victory, I really am, but "and we all know that pretty much every death is caused by shortness of breath" is making me think I need to start another blog..."My Favorite Gigi Quotes".
I hope you sport those cute black strappy sandals all over town!
Yay You!
love the note to self as well.
its all a balancing juggling act around here.
in all arenas!
celebrating the selves (all of us) and not forgetting how we got where we are.
HAPPY NEW SHOES DAY (I love the feeling of new shoes)
I loved this post, especially the quote at the end! Congrats on your small victory, but for me a victory is a victory, big or small!
Yeah for you! Celebrate all the victories, large or small.
Love the note to self. Congrats on the NSV. I'm just starting to notice those little things. Don't you just love it?
Post a Comment