Thanks so much to you all who have been so supportive and kind with your comments and concerns. When I started this blog I had no idea I'd reap such benefit from our wonderful online world. What an unexpected blessing! Your words meant so much to me and I thank you again.
The poison ivy is better - relatively speaking. It is still a very angry looking thing and being so squeemish has not helped one little bit. As Shelley said in comments yesterday, the steroids have made me quite zippy - definitely not my usual state of being. Not much sleep last night, the cabinets and cupboards are alphabetized, I washed and waxed the driveway and even had a little time left over to embroider the days of the week on my son's underwear (which, as usual, will probably go unappreciated). Then a quick breakfast of acorns with my slow moving squirrel friends and here I am. Whew - I'd be exhausted now if it weren't for the world of better living through chemicals.
I have spent quite a bit of time on the couch with my legs elevated and have logged way too much TV time. On the plus side, my newest guilty pleasure is Bravo's The Real Housewives of NYC. First of all, there's nothing in the description of "housewife" that I would ever associate with these women: money out the wazoo, houses in the Hamptons, and stilettos before noon. I always thought I'd hate this kind of show but cannot help myself - especially the Bethenny/Kelly smackdown that just won't end!!! Kelly is sooooo high school.
Next up was a little treasure that you dog lovers won't be able to take your tear-filled eyes off. It's a DVD (I don't know how old) called "8 Below" about a team of sled dogs that get left behind in Antarctica and their owner's efforts to rescue them. I didn't think I could love dogs anymore than I already do but this DVD proved me wrong.
Today's viewing will of course include the must-see Oprah interview with Kirstie Alley, who apparently has put back all the weight she so famously lost on Jenny Craig a couple of years ago. My heart goes out to her - I know celebs have many resources that we don't but they are never allowed to fail in private, which must be unbearable. Still, I'm always interested in what makes people tick - there are always so many more lessons from failure than success from my point of view. I hope Op lets her do more of the talking than she usually does. I love O but get frustrated when she talks over the experts who are her guests. However, I wish she had talked all over that sex expert from a couple of weeks ago who suggested (seriously) that moms of teenage girls introduce them to the wonders of vibrators; thus teaching them that they can be responsible for their own sexual satisfaction. I've never had the "pleasure" but did suspect an overly libidinous office receptionist of chipping her tooth on one, but I'm not naming names.
So friends, that's it from steroid town. Time to overhaul the transmission and get those Christmas cards ready.
12 comments:
I so failed post Jenny Craig.....Seriously, you can't eat her food forever....that's make beliveville and I don't live there.
Glad you are doing better. :)
If anything you'll come through this with a super clean house!!
I'm curious to see if Oprah handles her interview with Kirstie Alley with some dignity.
I despise tabloid media. The differences between National Enquirer and other media are shrinking. I hate and find extremely offensive the latest trend of invading a celebrity's privacy: celebrity death watch. They are stalking people such as Farrah Fawcett and Patrick Swayze to get the most shocking photos. This is the "logical" extension of their vile practice of stalking celebrities hoping to get the money shot of a shocking weight gain or weight loss.
Rant over. Glad you are getting relief from the steroids and are as funny as ever.
wanna come over and alphabatize my cupboards?
Your post just gave me a flashback - I was on steroids year ago, and I was up in the middle of the night, cleaning my kitchen cabinets with Murphy's Oil Soap - of course, this was after I had reorganized them! I miss that kind of energy (but I don't miss the side-effects of the steroids, or the reason why I was on them in the first place).
Enjoy that Oprah episode - I have it set to record as I'm at work today. I agree with you, O does like to hear herself talk. Will be interesting to see what Kirstie has to say.
Hope you are continuing to heal...
Today's interview (which will be waiting on my DVR this evening) might be a contest since both O and Kirstie like to talk over everyone. :) I am interested to hear KA's story about her setback.
Loved that movie :)
I will be watching Oprah tomorrow at naptime ;)..I record it and watch the next day.....in silence :)
We love you too!
Love the name of your blog! How in the world did you get poison ivy? You poor girl!
She's back! :-) And yes, funnier than ever!
Darn, I had to go take the car in today and run some errands. I wanted to see O. Hopefully you or someone can do a recap. I have manage to avoid any of the housewife shows, except for Desperate Housewives.
I just feel like having a goup hug! You have been such a source of encouragement for me, and it is very rare that someone is equally as sweet as they are funny, when they are as funny as you.
Hey, maybe one day we will all be on Oprah as the bloggers that helped each other get fit...I just envisioned Lee rippin' in to Oprah!! :-)
Kelly is awful...I often wonder if she is the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz...she says the dumbest things and stares blankly a lot and the fighting with Bethany is just bizarre. It's a trainwreck you can't look away from.
I haven't watched Oprah in awhile, I fell out of love with her.
Glad you are feeling better!
Better living through chemistry. Ain't it grand? Having lived thru the 70's I have an unusually high regard for things of that nature. :)
I wandered in from another blog, and I'm quite glad I did. Hope the poison ivy clears up quickly and you are off the 'roids before you're ready for the Ms. Bodybuilder USA contest. However, if you are a contestant, I'll definitely tune in.
I, too, kinda feel for Kirstie, as I'd lost 40# a couple of years ago, then quit smoking and within minutes (well, maybe longer) the 40# were looking back at me from the mirror again. I feel for her. It's a vicious cycle.
I dont see a lot of different flavors in the stores so I buy them online. They are a special treat for me! :)
www.vitalicious.com
:) Those shoes are super comfortable...and I like knowing I helped a lil kid who was running around barefoot!
Well, it's certainly not worth getting poison ivy over, but it does sound like there are some side benefits to the meds!
I'm lucky to be able to FIND my kitchen cabinets, let alone alphabetize the stuff inside them.
Seriously, hope the rash goes away for good, and soon. My better half was stricken last summer, and she's not usually a whiner but it was MISERABLE. My sympathies.
Post a Comment