Friday, May 8, 2009

One At A Time Please

Yes, that's just what I heard the scale saying to me this morning - one at a time. I haven't worked out in just about 3 weeks due to poison ivy and now that it's almost completely cleared up I thought it was time to get back on the horse/scale and work towards my goal again. I thought the number was going to be worse but this was bad enough. There was nothing I could do about it so I'm just going to reset my attitude and start plowing forward again.

While on hiatus (makes me sound like a movie star, huh?) I did slack off plenty in the healthy food department too. In terms of snacks, I will generally get something the teenager likes but me, not so much. Who needs the extra temptation? But this past week I bought Oreos, which everyone loves. We burn through Oreos like hookers through Shalimar. (Not a pretty picture in either regard and I apologize if you're still drinking your coffee and feel the heaves coming on.) I won't be joining the gym just yet - I'm still not moving at full throttle. I am working on my yard again and that gives me a lot of happiness - to get dirty and sweaty and have a good time at it (you'll notice the yard gets me hot but no mention of a man - oh, I am out of whack these days).

I am trying to start out on a positive note but am already in a very pissy mood. This is because we had some work done on the house yesterday - venting problems in the attic. So as happens when you hire others to do what you wish you could do yourself, some of the work was done wrong and sloppy and has already been paid for. In addition there was the "over-thinking it" factor in which a POWER vent fan was installed and it's on now with that low rumbling vibration that makes me feel like I'm on the median of I-95. Grrrrr - I've got a little venting to do myself here.

That's enough griping for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms. You deserve all the accolades for a hard job done well.

13 comments:

Lorie said...

mmmmmmm...Oreos!!! They are officially banned at my house. I use to hide them from the kids and eat them late at night....lol

I love yard work too, even if it is sweaty and dirty! :)

Unknown said...

yep, oreos are the bomb! But they get me more hot and bothered than the yard work. lol

Good job on moving forward after the weigh in...jump back on the wagon!

:)tj oh I ordered that book you recommended on half.com for $1.25!! BARGAIN! :)

Tina said...

Oreos are my binge food. I could eat an entire pack of the fudge ones (dunked in milk of course). Sorry you're pissy and sorry about the house stuff. Get out in the yard and forget about it all but watch out for that poison ivy...leaves of three let it be :) Happy mothers day!!!

F. McButter Pants said...

I hate "fix-it" problems Fix it...sounds so easy. Never is.

Great job deciding to get back on track. You can do it!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Oreos = crack

"Just walk away, Renee" is my motto.

Congrats on getting back in the saddle. Sometimes a short break can help you really refocus.

Shelley said...

Hope you get unpissy...I hate starting out my day feeling like that!

I am the opposite of you - hate getting dirty doing yard work - but I do love the results!

Have a good day, and I'm glad that your poison ivy is better!

VRaz60 said...

Fix up jobs are such a pain. Logically, you feel there are some you could do yourself with proper instruction, but usually take the easy way out...pick up the phone. Unless someone you know recommends someone, it's a real crap shoot on what kind of work will get done.

Patty said...

Well, I don't care if you are pissy or not, I am so freakin' happy you are back on the wagon or behind the plow or whaever!! Look up the numbers, yardwork and gardening probably do more good than going to the gym! And like Tena at "Shrink to Fit" said the other day, if you do it with intention (all Zen like) you will get even better results. OK, she didn't say all that, but that's how I took it.

A very Happy Mother's Day to you Gigi!

Fat[free]Me said...

So glad the poison ivy has cleared up at last and so glad too that you are back to healthy living!

H.K. said...

Oreos is my crack, my cocaine, my meth, you get the idea. I think it's great that your back on track and that's what counts!

Glad to hear that your poison ivy cleared up, that took a long time!

Lee said...

Oreos definitely need the three amigos warning on them. Bad boys.

When my husband ventures out in the yard after a bout of poison oak, I always want him to encase himself in a hazmat suit and then I want to scrub him down afterward like Meryl Steep in "Silkwood." Be careful out there.

BTW - I wrote about you on my blog.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Even the word "Oreos" can set me off.

Have an awesome mother's day! And if there's any day that calls for a special indulgence is that one. I'm sure you'll be back on track next week.

carla said...

man. oreos are my kryptonite and even more so since theyve started those silly holiday ones (halloween orange! springtime blue!)--what can I say? :)
what repulses much of american is totallllly my comfort food :)

Miz.