Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quality Family Time

While school vacation has begun here the only thing that seems to have taken leave is my sense of humor. This is easily understandable given that in addition to my bored and cranky 13 year old son being home, my husband is also taking the week off and in his wonderful Mr. Fixit mode, is shutting down circuit breakers in the middle of showers, hair drying and laundry. And my computer time is being severely hampered as every time I open up my blog, somebody is looking over my shoulder and now starting to wonder if I'm into porno because I shut the page down the minute I hear them enter the room. The only one in this family who needs to know how much I weigh is me and my spandex. It's a real "Losing-my-mind-apollosa" around here. I actually ran the vacuum cleaner last night to drown out the constant bickering between the two of them. I ran the vacuum - altho I did not actually clean with it, mind you. Real nitty-gritty housecleaning for me comes about as frequently as Halley's Comet and with much more fanfare so you can imagine how desperate the situation is.

Bear with me, friends. I intend on returning to full sarcasm/fun mode once everyone is back where they belong - behind bars.

8 comments:

Big Girl said...

As much as I'm sure you love your family... i certainly feel your pain with having them around. Hang in there, freedom is around the corner.

jenn said...

That's so funny about people looking over your shoulder when you are on the computer!!

My husband can be on the computer for a while, the kids don't go near him, he has total privacy, and can do whatever he wants.

The minute I get on the computer, all three of my kids are like a magnet to me!!

They must think my pictures of food are spectacular!! Ha!

I can totally relate!

Have a great day!

www.slim-shoppin.com

Shelley said...

Hang in there - I remember those days of too much togetherness. Looking forward to some good stories when they are back where they belong!

Patty said...

Even when you are explaining why you are not funny, you are funny! But I can relate...when you are use to your own time and all of a sudden, people are around, it sucks!

45+ and Aspiring said...

I think running the vacuum and confessing it was for the sound and not to clean is hysterical!

carla said...

Totally giggled at the porno parallel.

thought *I* was the only one who felt that way!

MizFit

H.K. said...

You are hilarious!!!! I love it when my husband and son is home, but it does get irritating when my husband always wants to know what I'm doing and my son hogs the TV and the computer.

Charlie Hills said...

In Soviet Russia, computer looks over your shoulder at family.