Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Turning Bad Times Into Good Behavior - This Time I Mean It

Okay, so no exercising for the past 10 days and I've just been prescribed some fat-enhancing steroids to help with this f-ing poison ivy. Who me, panic? As I watch my fingers turn into those cute little sausage links (actually they're only cute when viewed alongside a yummy calorie-enhanced breakfast) and Ethel and Lucy into the biggest sunny-side-ups ever, I have begun bargaining with God. I will never take for granted my good health again. Once this thing clears up I VOW to use that time productively and will welcome the joy of movement instead of dreading it. I clearly won't make my 200 lb. goal for Mother's Day but don't care at this point. I just want to move without pain again and will use my time wisely and challenge myself to do more instead of less.

Sorry for the whining. I also vow to stop doing that too. Thanks for putting up with my rants.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

:( hope things get better soon Gigi!

new*me said...

how awful! Sounds like you are making peace with the situation. Accepting what you cannot change is a great way to look at it.

Hope it's all looking sunny again very soon!

Patty said...

I am so with you Gigi!! I have been feeling the same way over the last 4 days. It hurt to move my eye, let alone my body for a day or two and I couldn't bear to see light. But mine is short lived compared to yours, and I am almost healed. So I have a renewed dedication too. It may be a real blessing in disguise that we were under the weather for a few days, because it sure does open your eyes to how important good health is! So I know as soon as this blankity blank blank poison ivy clears up, your determination will pay off!

Fat[free]Me said...

Hugs - get well soon!

Lee said...

You must be absolutely miserable. Maybe relief will be quick with the steroids. Bet you're more than ready for this episode to be in the rear view mirror. Hang tough.

H.K. said...

That's what blogging is for to whine, rant, bitch and moan!

Hope the steroids work and the poison ivy goes away.

Big Girl said...

It sounds awful. Hope it all clears up soon!

Shelley said...

You know, the good thing about steroids is that they give you lots of energy...so hopefully along with making your poison ivy go away, they will help get you moving again. I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad. Hugs to you, girl!

carla said...

whine away.
rant away.
it's your blog and we come here to check on you.

how are you feeling this morning?

Miz.