Friday, April 3, 2009

Big Rack Attack

I have lost a little weight - 16 pounds so far. That's not a bunch but it is certainly moving in the right direction and if I were on some plan other than my own, I would've gained it all back and then some by now.

And nothing reinforces that feeling of becoming smaller than looser fitting clothes and an ease of movement that you haven't enjoyed since 4th grade. All body parts are slightly smaller - except for the girls. "Ethel & Lucy" refuse to go away - in fact, they almost seem to be increasing in size. I'm hoping it's only because everything around them is getting smaller so it's a proportional thing. With all due apologies to my less-endowed friends, be careful what you wish for. Big boobs are not all they're cracked up to be - especially if you're carrying around an extra 40 or 50 pounds. And these aren't you laboratory manufactured, gravity-defying, I-can-pick-up-WiFi, Pam Anderson boobs. These are Mother Nature's own - biscuits and gravy on top of mashed potatoes.

So as they slosh around during exercise like a not yet set Jello mold, tent out every tee shirt I'll ever wear, catch every crumb that's fallen from my lips, and be the world's most effective personal space enforcer, I'll keep on fighting the good fight. The Kabob Squad will endure. I just want them to take up a little less space. Consider it doing my little thing for the planet.

7 comments:

Tina said...

Gigi you are hilarious! I was not blessed with big boobs but I feel sorry for the women in my water aerobics class who do because they seem to get in the way a lot! That is the first area to go when I lose so hopefully yours will do the same. Lucy and Ethel...LOL.

Shelley said...

I wrote about this same problem not long ago! http://aforty-somethingsweightlossjourn.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html

How cute that you named them! I just call mine "the girls."

new*me said...

I'm blessed like you but have to say that with my weight loss so far, they are now a pretty respectable 36 D ;)

If I ever have the money, at some point, after getting to goal, I am up for a tummy tuck and breast lift! The girls need a lift :)

Plaxtex 18 hr bra is my friend.

When I seriously exercise, I wear that bra with a sports bra on top ;)

Patty said...

Ethel and Lucy!! Too funny. And 16 pounds...I dream of the day I can say that. That's great!! Ok, it's late, and I am slow...I just got it..."Big Rack Attack". LOL

H.K. said...

Your post was hilarious! Mines are too small to be given names, but I enjoyed reading your post...congrats on the 16lbs wt. loss!

Uneekdolldesigns said...

Congratualtions on your weight loss, that is fantastic!

carla said...

you are such a funny writer, Woman.

its a gift.

turly.