Monday, April 13, 2009

Reward System

Good news - I'm down another .8 pounds and have been chip-free since Thursday. Chocolate Easter bunnies and other sweets tried to have their way with me but lost. Hah! I am stronger than any confection.

So, how will I celebrate these most recent accomplishments? I think we all know that in the past it would usually be a close encounter with Papa Gino and a side of cheesecake. There was never such a thing as too much cheese. Fast forward to the present and I've outlined my top 3 rewards for a job well done:

1) Sex
2) Sex
3) Sex with my husband.

Just kidding. I'm married and everybody knows that married people don't have sex - with or without their husbands. And let's face it, after the first couple of weeks, I mean, years of marital bliss, we pretty much stop trying so hard to impress each other anymore. Think about it: there's the snoring, the belching, the gas, the not bothering to shave anymore....and it's really driving my husband crazy.

Okay, so now that sex is off the table (and for those of you where sex is still ON the table - good for you!) I've decided the more appropriate ways to celebrate even the smallest loss or victory might be buying myself some iTunes, a new book, some flowers for the garden or a new lipstick. The only thing that matters is that it isn't edible because that's how I got in this mess in the first place. Food was a multi-purpose emotional tool for me: I ate when I was happy, sad, angry, bored, anxious - pretty much the entire human emotion range.

So what do you do to celebrate your weight loss victories? I'm always looking for new ideas.

10 comments:

Lee said...

I've rewarded myself with new fragrance.

Unknown said...

Good job on the loss! :) whoo hoo!

I want a new bike for a reward. I have one, its old and because of back problems makes it difficult to ride for a long time. I just want a basic cruiser style bike.
I was going to use clothing as rewards...but as Ive gone down a few sizes I have realized that clothing is a necessity and it is not a fun reward for me. lol

Im going to check back to see what other people post...cuz I want LOTS of rewards! lol

:)tj

SL said...

YAY on the loss. For my rewards I use music (love iTunes), nail polish, clothes (as I've been losing, I've started shopping at thrift stores -- it's amazing the fun things you can find for cheap) magazines, lipstick/lip gloss and books. For a "big" reward, I bought myself a Wii Fit and I bought myself a "50 pound" ring. I'm like TJ -- need/want lots of rewards.

H.K. said...

For every 10 lbs, I lost I bought a new outfit. That was for the first 20lbs that I lost!

p.s. according to Dr. Oz sex burns a lot of calories. (I have yet to see the results!)

Fat[free]Me said...

I have already treated myself to new hair and new perfume. And, they just had better lead to some sex!

Well done on losing the weight!

Tina said...

Great job on the loss!! I usually reward myself with manicure/pedicure. Love the pampering!!

carla said...

shoes shoes NIKE AIR RIFT shoes.

shoes.

yep. love me the treat shoes---if only my bank acct make them more frequent a treat.

realistically? a trashy novel.

MizFit

Patty said...

You really need to post more Gigi!! "and it's really driving my husband crazy." LOL

When i lose 10 pounds, I am definitely getting a pair of pants. i haven't bought any in so long becausue I didn't want to buy the next size up, and I really need a new pair of jeans!!

Big Girl said...

Sadly, it's no sex in my house either, well... most of the time. I get a pedicure or something fun like that.

Shelley said...

You continue to crack me up, Gigi!

Except for a "50 pound" ring, I haven't really officially rewarded myself - but I do keep buying clothes as I lose, so that's fun for me.