Friday, April 17, 2009

Musings on a Spring Morning's Walk

What a beautiful day it is today. Bright and sunny with clear blue skies. Currently about 50 degrees, it's supposed to warm up to 70 for the first time this year. Scooby and I took a 45 minute walk around the block and a few things crossed my mind in the process:

- How many calories are in a gnat and how many grams of protein would be in, oh say, the 935 that I inhaled on my walk today?
- How many more days before I have to convert to wearing shorts and shave the leg hair that can be seen from space?
- Is it normal to be panting harder than the dog?
- Has anyone ever thought to measure the impact on the ozone of dog breath?
- Is there any money to be made in mosquito ranching?
- Does this dog leash make my ass look big?

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Tina said...

You are so funny Gigi. I love dogs so much that I even love dog breath (as ridiculous as that sounds) Have a great weekend and enjoy the spring!!!!

Unknown said...

lol we should try to figure out the NI of gnats I ate some on my ride last night. lol

:) enjoy your day!

H.K. said...

Who knew that taking the dog for a walk could bring out so many philosophical questions? You're hilarious and thanks for making me laugh!

Fat[free]Me said...

Gnats are very nutritious and considered a super food, also a delicacy in some circles.

Can't answer your other questions.

Thanks for the laugh and have a fabulous sunny weekend!

Big Girl said...

Very funny. Thx for the laugh. Enjoy the warm weather and make sure you use a new razor on that hair.

carla said...

laughed at the gnat comment as I seem to inhale those things all summer long....

we need a scientist to do that analysis for us :)

MizFit

WWSuzi said...

Now that is funny and the mosquitos? i was thinking about when they will arrive as i was walking through the woods today :)

Anonymous said...

Ahaha the best musings wander into our heads on a good walk!

- Sagan

Lee said...

Do you ever wonder what Scooby's thinking while you two are out walking together?

Kristi Summer said...

walking in this great weather is the best minus the gnats lol. Just found your site. great!
www.summerfitness.net

Crabby McSlacker said...

I think that the calorie credit we get when mosquitoes suck our blood later in the summer more than offsets what we ingest in spring gnats. That's my theory, anyway.

Unknown said...

Good questions, all ... but just try to remember how wonderful it is to be walking outside taking in the spring glory. It almost makes the gnats worthwhile. Almost : )

Anonymous said...

one day at a time! Soon the dog will be amazed at your level of fitness!!