Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Monday

I wish there was something new to report but I'm still moving at the speed of a garden slug. This poison ivy on my foot and leg seems to be dissipating but oh so slowly (think the "War and Peace" version of "War and Peace"). In place of my daily walk I am working on my upper arms - the ones that keep waving long after my hand has stopped. You know what I'm talking about. And I've also begun doing crunches again to work on my six pack .... my pudding pack, that is.

I have not even been in the same room as the scale. I am scared to death of what I weigh these days. Once I'm back to normal I'll work out for a few days before looking up my new number. No need to hurry bad news.

Hope you all have a happy Monday.

9 comments:

StarvingBitch said...

Uggh I hate that arm jiggle. My arms are just FINALLY starting to get into better shape after kickboxing and boxing for a YEAR. But that jiggle underneath is still there somewhat. *sigh*

Patty said...

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. Even at my thinnest, many, many moons ago, by sister grabbed the back of my arms and said "I love your arms....the way they jiggle makes me think of granny."

It is amazing how something as non-life threatening as posion ivy or pink eye can bring ya down, isn't it? After this bout with the latter, I am even more determined not to let the good days slip by without doing something good for my jiggly arms, and butt, and thighs...

But I think it is great that you are doing what you can even with the posion ivy! That shows determination, and when you are all healed, you will be kicking some scale-butt!! I just know it!

Lee said...

Ya know, sometimes it's not all about the scale. You're showing amazing determination by continuing to do what you can, i.e. working on your arms. When my husband has poison oak he is completely thrown off his usual active/restless self. He is a miserable lump of suffering. I hope things are getting better day by day for you.

Happy Monday!

Tina said...

Gosh what a bummer about the poison ivy! I was worried about that in the yard this weekend. I need a refresher on what it even looks like! Hope you are back on your feet soon!!

H.K. said...

I say avoid the weight scale if you think it might give bad numbers, until you can go back to your regular routine of exercise.

Anonymous said...

You are sooo going to hate me for saying this but I realllly think you should get on the scale and check the numbers out. I find that when I avoid the scale, I avoid the reality and keep gaining which makes me avoid the scale even more.

Im glad to see that even with poison ivy you are still working out! So the numbers cant be too bad :)

Dont hate me though!

Fat[free]Me said...

Oooh, sorry to read about the poison ivy. I hope you feel better soon and the scales aren't as bad as you fear!

Ruth said...

Hate to be contrary and ornery (OK, not really), but I think you're smart to stay away from the scale.

I know when I'm gaining weight--my clothes are snug, my face looks fat, etc.

I only believe in scales as a tool for weight maintenance, not weight loss. I believe it is more empowering and effective to focus on what you can control (your nutrition and your exercise) than what you can't (those crazy numbers).

carla said...

ok, woman. not to be too suzie sunshine up in herre BUT :) a sloooow garden slug is still moving.
Scr*w the scale (yes, I said it)and let me know if I can lend a hand with the puddin' or the arms.

YOU CAN DO THIS.

Miz.