
Well friends, here is the stump of the summer I've been dreading where I'm acquiring a nasty sunburn on my scalp because I've pulled out every hair on my head. Yes, the teen is home all this week and the first week in August so I will probably be incommunicado for much of it. I did not have the foresight to invest in a laptop so my access to this lone computer is severely compromised - not to mention my mental health. And even if I did get a good chunk of time to write, my attention span is the consistency of swiss cheese and I could not form a complete thought or coherent topic if my life depended on it. (In just writing this single paragraph I have been interrupted three- nope, make that four- times for issues I have already addressed with him - chores, homework, pet care - or his constant state of hunger in which his arms seemed to have suffered some bizarre form of paralysis that makes it impossible for him to access the fridge or cabinets himself. Oh, he's good - the old Chinese water torture technique - the constant drip, drip, drip of whining and complaining which is almost guaranteed to make me surrender unconditionally.) Who's a happier homemaker than me? I feel like I'm channeling Sue Ann Nivens.
I'll do my best to keep up with reading your entries as I marvel at your abilities to form thoughts and put them into words. I hope to rejoin the living soon.
15 comments:
You are hilarious Gigi. Enjoy your time but make sure to take notes and report back to us with tales from the crazy house!!
Oh poor you! This makes me want to rip out my womb. *shudders*
Stay strong!
Don't worry - there is an end in sight. They do grow out of it. Apparently. When they are about 37.
Good luck!
You are an absolute hoot! Loved this post. You will do just fine :)
Sending good and calming thoughts your way :)
Your posts crack me up!
Love the way you write - thanks for the laugh.
Oh good luck!
I'll miss you while you're gone.
As my two sons are coming home tomorrow for the weekend (since when did Thursday start the weekend???), I will feel your pain!
Hang in there, Gigi, and like Tina said, take notes!
OMG Gigi, I know you're going crazy but this post was hysterical!
Hang on!
Hang in there. I did laugh at your post -- but easy for me with no kids to do that!
I guess it would be wrong to drug it for a whole two weeks, huh? :-)
I have about 3 weeks of my son still living at home, so tonight when he waltzed into the kitchen as his dad and I were chopping veggies and he said, "When's dinner?" I only smacked him once.
Haha! Have a great time... :)
We all look forward to reading how it goes!
http://she-fit.com
We will so be waiting for you when you get back!
And I say if it's your computer, he can "earn" his time on it by catering to your every whim. Isn't that how it works?
(And yeah, it's pretty obvious I don't have kids!)
Ahhhh, I remember those days!! I have great empathy for you. It gets better....eventually, but for the time being it is the pits. Good luck to you.
Post a Comment