Yesterday was my one year anniversary of blogging and I completely forgot about it. If it were my husband forgetting an anniversary there would have been a little hot tongue and cold shoulder at the dinner table last night but I digress.
So what did I do to celebrate? I went for my annual physical. Not too surprising that I am not an event planner by trade, is it? So after she did things to me that normally require drinks and dinner to get me in the mood first, she told me that my varicose veins would do better if I lost some weight. Thanks for noticing Doc, but I'm all of about 15 pounds lighter from last year. (And have you got anything to treat that enormous chip on my shoulder?) Fifteen pounds is not alot given that I need to lose about another 50 but it's a start but a little acknowledgment would've gone a L-O-N-G way in motivating me. Glass half empty: I too was disappointed in having only lost 15.
Okay, time for glass half full: I haven't quit, I'm working out more, I've made lots of terrific, smart, funny friends online, my spirits are higher (without chemical enhancement - mostly) and I weigh less than I did one year ago. There's a lot to celebrate after all.
Many thanks to all of you who provide the laughs, friendship and inspiration to make the next year really something to look forward to.
13 comments:
15 pounds is a lot. I've managed to lose seven and I'm incredibly full of myself. It is slow work but there are other good changes along the way-- how many clothing sizes have you lost, for example?
Congrats on your one-year blogiversary! I just love your writing and am so happy you are in the blog world.
And losing 15 pounds in a year is better than the alternative! You keep going, Gigi!
Happy Anniversary!
Losing 15 pounds is better then gaining 15 pounds, which I have been known to do more then a few years in a row. :-(
Keep blogging and taking care of your health. Small steps get us big rewards!
Happy Blogiversary! :)
15 is GREAT- You are NOT a quitter and going strong!! YIPPEE to that my friend! :)
I always hated that the Dr. looked at my legs and said that to me- guess Im not alone! Mine also asks me if Im in an abusive relationship because Im always covered in bruises ( I have to explain each time that I am VERY clumsy- my nickname is booboo!) lol Nosey Doctors!
Keep up the GREAT work!!!
Happy bloggiversary!
Stoopid doc - 15 lbs down is brilliant and will make a difference already.
http://www.carpecarpio.com/mikes15lmb.JPG
See that fish?
Fifteen pounds. I'm just sayin...
I hate knowing this is your one year blogiversary because that means I missed about 8 months!
A loss is a loss is a loss. And 15# less is a big deal. My Dr. did the same thing...failed to acknowledge my loss. I was disappointed that apparently it wasn't large enough to merit a comment. HOWEVER, that is why we have our blogosphere friends. They appreciate even the small losses we have, and encourage us every day. Drs. be damned, I'm in it for ME and my blogosphere pals help me stay focused.
Happy Anniversary. @-->-->-- a rose for you.
Happy anniversary! I think my second one was some time this week. Oops!
I hear you about the 15 pounds. It's awesome! Reason to celebrate. Last year was the first year I ended up weighing less at the end than at the beginning since puberty (almost 30 years ago!). It was only about 20 pounds, but I think it's awesome!
Hot tongue at the dinner table. That sounds nasty, baby!
Yay! Happy Blogiversary! 15 pounds is great and your doc should have recognized that. I plan on standing on the desk and yelling it if mine doesn't say something next time! I've enjoyed your posts so much and I look forward to the next year! :)
Happy Blogaversary, Gigi! Fifteen pounds is a BDD (big damn deal!), congrats on that too!
Happy Happy Bloggy anniversary! I'm so glad that you've taken me on your journey to good health!
happy belated one year.
TIME FLIES huh?
Post a Comment