Monday, July 20, 2009

It's F-ing Good For You


After years of working with men I acquired a bit of a nasty habit: swearing like a sailor (with all due apologies to sailors - they are no match for Wall Street types when the market is eating its young and they haven't had a commission in over two months.). Sorry, but I yam what I yam. But lo and behold, it turns out that cursing may hold some benefits after all - aside from being considered "one of the guys" in a guy-dominated business. I reference this study and while I don't exactly encourage swearing as the main form of communication, it does seem to carry some impact when the occasion calls for it. And let's face it, this weight loss journey has more than its share of frustrating and painful moments.

When my son was about 6 years old and riding in the car with my husband, he used the phrase, "b*tch *ss". (I'll wait for you all to exhale. Yes, little boys have been known to say naughty things.) He had just started taking the school bus and well, let's just say there were some pretty shady 6th graders throwing around some BMOSB (big man on school bus) curse words. But my husband obviously thought it was my doing. "B*tch *ss?!" I said in defense of myself and slightyly amused at this particular phrase,"that's not something I use." I hastened to add, "Now, if you ever hear him saying 'rat f*ck son of a b*tch' - that's mine." And to everyone's obvious delight, he never did.

12 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks for the giggle this morning, Gigi!

VRaz60 said...

Still laughing!! Have now caught my breath and can type. I read that study, too, and yelled "Hallelujah!!" License to swear, what could be better?

I understand the little boys and their love of all words "shady". Trying to use them without getting in trouble could have been our son's olympic sport.

F. McButter Pants said...

How funny I read the same study!!

Laughed my ASS off then and am laughing my ASS off now....well at least I hope it falls off!

Great story!

Camevil said...

As a professional curser, I feel f***ing validated. Thank you!

And I'm going to steal your phrase. That's too good not to share.

Patty said...

The only person I know that curses more than me is my mother. :-)

Fat[free]Me said...

I could have saved them years of study and a lot of expenditure - I have been saying what they concluded for years.

Love the new cussword to add to my considerably armoury!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

The only person I know who curses more than me is Patty's mother.

Aleta said...

Hehe. Love it. Hey, at least you know your terminology. I don't generally curse, but PMS - watch out!

carla said...

ok THATS HILARIOUS.

I have a total truckers mouth.
Id like to say no mo' since we have had our daughter---but that would be a lie.
Im trying though...


MizFit

Unknown said...

Effin' awesome!

Big Girl said...

I love cussing.

Thanks for the laugh...

GadgetGirl said...

Oh my, this made me laugh so hard! Thanks.