Cheap AND flattering? No, I'm not talking about what the office Christmas party Santa is whispering in your ear after a bucket of margaritas. I'm talking about the tee shirts I found at Walmart this morning made by Hanes under the name Just My Size or JMS.
You'd never know there was an effort to stamp out the obesity epidemic in this country given the scarcity of decent workout apparel for us plus sizers. My conspiracy theory is that the powerful snack food lobby is suppressing the clothing manufacturers from making workout clothes that actually fit and flatter. We are, for lack of a better phrase, their bread and butter (pizza & beer, soda and salted nuts, ice cream and hot fudge....you get the idea). It's in their interest if we're fat and stay that way.
Oh sure, we can always buy those oversized men's tee shirts that come in 3XXX that viewed from behind make us look like two dogs fighting underneath a blanket (credit the late Lewis Grizzard for that gem). Or you could choose from the Women's offerings embellished with Mickey Mouse, Pooh and morning glory motifs. These are supposed to make us want to buy them? But as most of us know, we usually wind up buying them for the fit and not the fashion.
This morning's find was only $6.00 each and you do have to cull through some pretty awful tee shirt "art" to find the ones that won't get you stopped for creating a disturbance. The sizes run a little small so don't get bummed out if you usually wear 1X and have to go to 2X to make it work. It also has a flattering v-neck, is somewhat fitted and falls to about mid-ass.
Apologies for the missing photos of you lovely followers. It must be yet another glitch that comes without warning and leaves when you're just about to pop a vein - sort of like family. Hope you're all having a great Tuesday!
17 comments:
they have tees that are Danskin brands that I love. I went nuts and got 4 of them in different colors. at 5 bucks a shirt ya cant beat that deal!
I buy mine from www.cafepress.com mainly because they are so funny and let me take life a little less seriously!
I had the same problem - finding exercise clothes in plus sizes was either next to impossible, or horribly expensive! I'm glad you found something reasonable and cute!
I think you might be right - it is in someone's best interest that we stay this way....MY GOD! Am I so naive that I am just now seeing this?
My rant is why can't I find exercise capri pants (that fit of course) with pockets?? I need a place to stash a thing a two when I'm walking or working out. Gonna have to check out the brand you recommend.
hmmm... I get some of my workout gear at Avenue shop... usually on sale... although I have been getting the JMS. Both Avenue and Catherines seem to have a really decent selection of workout clothing, Catherines in EXTENDED sizes (over size 28).
I've also seen some cute workout gear at Lane Bryant, although they tend to be a little too expensive for me.
Online, Roamans and Woman Within (formally Lane Bryant Catalog) both have pretty extensive collections of workout gear in sizes ranging from 14 all the way up to about 38 in some cases.
Oh, and they also have capris with pockets.
FYI, JMS has their own website as well, and if you can't find the products you like in Walmart, there's a much larger variety on the web.
I'm with Sherre... I can't find workout capris with pockets.
Glad you found some nice shirts and for 6 bucks...can't beat that!
Nice find!
When I first started going to gym I bought the 4X shirts at a guys' store... As I've shrunk my mom has taken the sleeves out and made them smaller, which is nice, since she retained the length. But now the neck lines are starting to get really wide, so I guess it's almost time to look for some girlie workout clothes... I'm not looking forward to that!
I seriously do not Winnie the Poop (or any othr Disney character for that meatter) across my left boob.
I want to know who thought that was a good idea! And the women who are buying these revolting shirts.
Let us not forget those creative souls who think "bedazzling" a crappy tee shirt makes it fashionable. I had a couple of those women at the gym a while back. Always good lookin' in one of those things.
JMS online shopper here! I do agree, their shirts can be flattering!
I also found some capris/t-shirt combos at Fashion Bug... but not capris with pockets. I found a nike sinch sack that I wear sometimes if I am going for a long while and need to carry some things!
Great post :)
cafe press or zazzle or spreadshirt!!
you can create your own snark.
Miz.
Totally with you on the conspiracy theory, and the health care industry is in cahoots with them too.
Oh man, I ranted about plus size workout clothes a while ago. It is SO frustrating! Never considered a conspiracy, though...hmmm....
I like anything.........stretchy :)
Hopefully they'll do better with the plus-sized sweaters next season. The selections in the past have been, well, frightening.
I did luck out with plus sized capris from Danskin and even some shirts at Tar-jay. Pickings were, tho, sadly slim.
Post a Comment