Yesterday was a varied day. Things started on an up note as I tried on the size 18W stretch jeans I had just purchased from L.L. Bean online. I was a little worried as this was a size lower than the 20W I'm wearing right now, which are a little baggy. My fragile little ego was holding its breath as I tried them on; ever so scared that the jeans would issue some sort of audible alert like, "Are you kidding?!! You don't seriously think you can fit that ass into these pants, do you?!!" (My inner critic is very sarcastic.) But...they were TOO BIG!! Woo-hoo!! Size 16W, here we come!
Luckily, before my ego had a chance to run away with itself and, no doubt, give itself permission to slack off a bit after this latest little victory, I attended my son's annual Boy Scout dinner later that night. (And if you've ever thought there were just one or two ways to prepare mac & cheese, you need to consult with a Boy Scout mom. It was a veritable smorgasbord of fromage-covered carbs.) As I brought my right hand up to cover my heart for the Pledge of Allegiance, I found that I had to extend my upper arm a little further out so my hand could actually clear my huge boobs to get to my heart. So much for slacking off. My little reward to myself for this latest victory will be to stay on course and not use it as an excuse to fall off the wagon so that some day soon, I'll be ordering up some size 14's..
3 comments:
That is woderful news. I can't wait until I am down a size in my jeans. It's funny how good a size 16 sounds when you are currently wearing an 18. Hopefully I will be in a 16 soon!
Great job!
YAY! Way to go! Before you know it you'll be doing single digits :)
well here's to smaller sizes! great job, feels good doesn't it?!
Post a Comment