Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cold Case

I have been away for the past few days because of this miserable cold. I haven't been this sick in years and it's all happening with many social engagements coming up that will now have to be canceled - and my social life is generally very pathetic. I liken it to the phone not ringing all day long until you're in the bathroom. Rats.

Exercise and a well-balanced diet have gone out the window. I just don't care. Maybe it's because my head feels like it's encased in cement. On the plus side, I am loving all this chicken soup I'm sippping but the sodium has me feeling the size of the Hindenburg and stretching the outer limits of my sweatpants (Oh, the humanity!). I have cabin fever big time even though I generally enjoy my alone time (not Unabomber alone time but a nice healthy avoidance of annoying people) - so much so that I envy the trip to CT to visit relatives today that my husband and son are on. I have sent along my little Valentine's packages to them but not my germs (altho some are more than deserving of the latter).

I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day. Hearts and hugs all around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get Well Soon Gigi! Today is my first day up and about and I even got dressed today! whoohoo! I can breathe through one of my nostrils today too! Its a GOOD day! lolRest up and you will be back in no time!

:) Happy Valentine's Day!!

:) tj

tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com