As I'm about to transition to a smaller size, I find myself uncertain about throwing out my "big" clothes. I know I should - I don't want to allow myself any wiggle room when it comes to backsliding - but I'm filling my head up with stupid excuses not to: I'm too cheap to buy "big" clothes again should I ever need to, I didn't get enough wear out of a certain item, etc. - everything except saying to myself "Goodbye and good riddance, sayonara forever". I know this is just my insecurity kicking in - like I don't have enough faith in myself to keep losing and doing the right thing - I have this horrible little niggling thought in the back of my head that says "You'll be back".
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's struggled with this. How have any of you handled it? I really want to push myself past this little hurdle. Help!
4 comments:
I have a stack of pants that fall off of me and I cant seem to add them to the bag of clothes that we donate. I think the same thing as you, Im not going to spend money to buy a bigger size IF for some reason I need to ever be that size again. lol Strange how our minds work.
:) tj
tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com
DO IT! You are doing a great job and don't let the fat pants sit around ready to be worn again. You won't be back!
Once (when I lost 100 pounds) I gave my bag of fat clothes to a friend to hold for me. "just in case" After a couple of years I told her just to take them to Goodwill for me. By the time I gained my weight back they were all out of style anyway.
I always kept them. Not this time! As I outgrow a size, I let my sis have it if she wants (she's overweight and pregnant ;).....she told me after the baby she wants me to help her)
I will not make it easy on myself to gain weight!
I slowly get rid of clothes. Ie: when I am two or three sizes down, I get rid of the biggest size, and so on. It is a slow process for me, but when I get rid of the big stuff, it FEELS GOOD!!!
Post a Comment