Monday, February 9, 2009

Weigh To Go!

Today's weigh-in was what I had hoped for - erasing last month's gain and a little extra payback for taking away my beloved diary and bread. Down 7.2 pounds!!! I feel it could've been even a bit more if I hadn't made best friends with the Frito Lay people again - but I did consider it my only "safe" snack at first and I'm sure the additional salt is adding that extra toe on the scale. So be it. Also, my exercising routine went out the window for a while as I let the dietary restrictions do all the hard work up to this point. No more. I feel lazy and sluggish without my daily work-out.

I have my fellow bloggers to thank in terms of getting me back on the treadmill. When I read so many posts about everyone's work ethic and resolve, I was inspired to get back in the game too. I received a little extra push as I walked and listened to my ipod yesterday from the "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" song. This lyric captured it all for me: "Soldier on, only you can do what must be done."


4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! WTG Girl! That is an amazing loss! HIGH 5! KEEP IT UP!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Congrats! 7.2 pounds is wonderful. Great job getting back on the treadmill!

Tina said...

wow what a great loss!! It's so nice when the hard work pays off!

Tina said...

Oh and thank you SO much for your post in my blog today. I was just about to head out for lunch when I saw it and was seriously thinking about a Wendy's burger (wtf is wrong with me!!!) You changed my mind so now I have butternut squash soup and a spinach salad instead.