One of the things I'm most looking forward to as I approach normal-sized status is no longer having to wear any "X" rated clothing. The "X" used to refer to XL, which I wasn't too bugged about because as any borderline plus size person will tell you XL is really the new L. But now that I've entered the realm of 1X, and even 2X sometimes, I find myself going to great lengths to conceal my clothing tags whenever I remove a coat or sweater. I haven't been this self-conscious about labeling since I was in college and was forced to wear the old Levi jeans that had the huge waist/length tag attached to the outer waistband - and this was long before they ever thought about making jeans in women's sizes. So in order to get the jeans to fit my child-bearing hips versus the guys' ironing board physique, the waist measurement measurement on the tag would actually be my larger hip size - and who needs to advertize that? Of course these days I'd kill to have my old college daze measurements back.
I never thought I'd get to be a size 20 - although I seem to be slipping back into 18 territory lately. I always thought some sort of audible alarm would go off when I reached size 20 but I never heard a thing. Maybe it was just drowned out but the sound of chewing. Funny how you accept some stuff you never thought you would. But now the thought of leaving that all behind has got me very Xcited about the future.
1 comment:
When I had to buy a size 20W in pants, the alarms went off. But how did I get there in the first place?!?! Here's to a land free of Xrated clothing for both of us!
Post a Comment