Monday, December 15, 2008

Taking Some Credit

Good news - December's weigh-in was down 2.6 pounds. I don't know how that happened given the party food, interrupted work-outs and general stress and disorder...but I'll take it! I have been drinking a lot more water to stave off this Sahara-like dryness that winter brings - altho today it's almost 60 degrees, following a weekend of devastating ice storms. Go figure. My weight seems as crazy and unpredictable as the weather.

My biggest concern now is to continue the momentum. I have a miserable record of sabotaging myself whenever I've made some progress. It must be some emotional issue about not feeling deserving of good things that is on some crazy do-loop in my head. I battle it constantly, not just with my weight issues but in other relationships and ventures. I've done lots of reading addressing this kind of thing as it is the number one trap that I fall into time and time again. I know all about the nutrition and exercise necessary to get down to a normal weight...it's the bats in my attic that need a good sweeping out. Time to pat myself on the back a little and keep the thoughts positive.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Glad you survived the ice storm. I've been watching it on the news! Great job on your weight loss this month. That is something to be proud of especially in December!