It's Not What You're Eating - It's What's Eating You. My View From the Buffet Table.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
A Great Read at Good Housekeeping
Finally, a magazine column that speaks to me. In every Good Housekeeping issue, emotional eating expert and author, Geneen Roth, writes an excellent column about struggling with weight. The December issue was especially relevant as she wrote about how many of us cope with life's heartbreaks by overeating. This line in particular hit home: "The hard part of emotional and compulsive eating is that in trying to avoid big heartbreaks, we break our own hearts every day." The entire column is, as always, excellent and hits on some very hard-wired beliefs and behaviors that I think a lot of us engage in. I've saved every one and have my own little Geneen Roth folder that if I turned to instead of food, I wouldn't have the big weight problem that I do. Do yourself a favor and read some of her work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Must admit I haven't heard of her...but I don't buy Good Housekeeping. Glad you find it helpful.
Post a Comment