Sunday, December 7, 2008

Party On!

Sorry I've been away so long. Had to visit sick parents on Thursday (in another state) and made an ER dash on Friday because of my son's asthma attack. Whew! Everyone is currently holding their own and red alert status has been reduced to a nice yellowy orange.

So what better time to entertain 25 of our closest friends than today?! I should be okay food wise as we have shrimp and turkey - but oh, the eggplant parm! Chocolate birthday cake for my son (turning 13!) will be the other problem but I still feel I'm in the safety zone. I weighed myself this morning and was at my lowest so far - 211.0. I know it's been a very slow go but this is how I wanted to do it - by not imposing too restrictive a diet/lifestyle on myself that I just know I'd never follow for the rest of my life. So slow and steady it is. That means the occasional splurge and better it be in the company of friends and family than sneak-eating a pallate of chocolate alone on the couch after everyone else has gone to bed. And this way I assure myself of not feeling so deprived, which has also sent me reeling in the past.

So party on, friends! Enjoy some holiday cheer!

1 comment:

Donnalouise said...

I'm all about slow and steady!!! Their is no quick fixes to weight loss...you're doing great :)