The price of gas is going down and mercifully, so is my weight. Hey, 2 pounds may not sound like much to you but it is earthshattering to someone like me who for the past 5 years has convinced herself that weight loss was no longer in the realm of possibilities. It is....just with a whole lot of sweating and behaving like an adult.
I have discovered that the older I get the harder it is for my body to accept positive change. It has also been a shocking discovery that at this age my body will turn on me a lot faster if I fall out of that positive pattern. If I stop working out for a week or so (my preferred lifestyle), my body turns on me faster than Fredo Corleone did to Michael. It's just not worth it so I'm still doing 30 minutes of walking every day.
My husband tells me that I have nice curves. Yes dear, and the Titanic had a bitchin' ice maker but too much of a good thing can take a very bad turn. I feel a kinship with the Titanic in that my maneuverability is about the same. I have become very resistant to change but know that in order to survive (staving off diabetes, heart disease and keeping my apnea from suffocating me in my sleep) I have to turn this load around. I don't turn on a dime. Never did, never will. But I finally realized that I've been hitting the snooze button for far too long - like all during my forties. Fifty hits you right between the eyes when you haven't been paying attention for the past 10 years. In my forties, I always felt like I had plenty of time to tackle this....until I turned 50 and suddenly it occured to me how much time I have pissed away. No more. It's do or die. I am finally in Coast Guard mode and turning this ship around.
No comments:
Post a Comment