Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting This Runaway Train Back On Track

Isn't it fairly typical of new diet behavior to have its peak enthusiasm at the beginning of its efforts? That's what I thought too. Except, it seems, in my case. Maybe I've just been stuck in my rut for too long that I think once one little thing falls out of place the entire day is shot to hell and this runaway train starts screaming down the tracks. Oh ye of little faith.

For the past two days I have allowed variations of my usual schedule to interrupt what I'm hoping will be more permanent positive lifestyle changes. I could've fit exercise into at least one of the days and better food choices into both - but I didn't. I've become way too relaxed about demanding better of myself - and being this overweight and disappointed in myself is the result. It's time for a little tough love.

Circumstances both within and out of my control are always going to be in flux. I need to be more mindful of that and plan ahead whenever possible. I think the next part of my self-improvement design is going to revolve around better planning: exercising early in the day (every day!) and preparing healthier foods ahead of time. I am a lousy planner but know that once I get into the routine of doing it for a week or so, it pretty much falls into place after that. Then I will need to be consistent - another one of my weak points.

Well, this has been a pretty boring post. Sorry. I really am spent from the last two days but wanted to get back on track before my typical apathy kicked in. "Fun with Flab" will return to its usual time and place very shortly.

No comments: