Mercy - I have let some time go by without writing. I'm working out almost every day but still not weighing myself. I almost feel like I'll make more progress by just focusing on the exercise instead of the number on the scale - like it's distracting me too much if I do it too frequently. So in an effort to distract myself from being distracted I've been thinking some silly thoughts:
* Does anybody else sense that the words we type in to access each others' blog comment page belong to a true language and have actual meanings and we are inadvertently inviting aliens to invade our planet by sending out coordinates? (P.S. If we all worked together and sent them Jillian's coordinates I am sure she would scare the crap out of them and sending them packing.)
* Have you noticed that while the word "team" does not have a "I" in it (as so often observed by teamwork motivational speakers), it does contain an "m-e"?
* Does the self-proclaimed smartest guy in your neighborhood still put his garbage out on the wrong day?
* How many times have you noticed multiple spelling/grammatical errors in school announcements?
* How many people do you know who successfully and consistently turn lemonade into lemons? (Bonus points for non-family members.)
* Who else thinks that whenever somebody says "it's not about the money" - it's about the money?
* Is anybody else giving their husband a rabbit's foot belt buckle for Father's Day?
Happy Monday!
16 comments:
"Who else thinks that whenever somebody says "it's not about the money" - it's about the money?"
Now that you mention it...yeah.
I think these verification words have some kind of subliminal message in them and I had thought they were telling me something, if only I could understand...
LOVE the verifications words as well.
I write fiction and have woven them in to a story Im working on.
They SEEM random---but are they? :)
no.
Glad to know I am in the midst of fellow conspiracy theorists!! I am sure those verification words mean something...I am cracking up at Miz being so adamant about it!! :-)
And that is brilliant Gigi---the "me" in Team...excellent point!
I know the scale is going to treat you with the respect you deserve the next time the two of you meet!
That's a good idea with the scale. I think I'm addicted to the scale.
I think FatfreeMe is right....subliminal messages. :-)
Kudos for focusing on the exercise and not on the scale! I'm working on not being so scale-obsessed.
Love the thought about the word verification and Jillian scaring off aliens. It could totally happen! :D
LOL! Gigi you are so funny. Thanks for making me laugh! Good for you for working out consistently and not paying attention to the scale. I'm thinking of doing that for a month but I bet I would only last a week or 2 before I had to check! :)
My word was retragly. I think we should randomly use the words in a sentence throughout the day and see if anyone questions it.
"Is anybody else giving their husband a rabbit's foot belt buckle for Father's Day?"
I am now.
I hate typing in those jumbled up words to leave a comment! I think I shut mine off for all of you- but when I do them I squint and sometimes mistype it adn then I am given an even more confusing word! UUghh! I do chuckle when it is a word that could be a word... does that make sense? lol
Oh ok...so this one right now is JAZINGL lol
I can't say that I've been thinking about those things in particular, but now you do have me thinking about them. Thanks for filling my peas sized brain cavity with even more rather frivolous thing to think about.
I think you are doing the right thing with the scale. I am finding it easier (for now) to focus on the NSV. Then just weigh once a week, at WW, where there are other people, so I won't slit my wrists when I get the number...lol
You know that the word verifications are "Big Brothers" way to keep track and send the signal for the attack...WTF???....FICTION!
Thanks for laugh! my word is conji.
i too find the scale distracting. mine is broken and i sill stand on it 50 times a day
I like your plan to focus on exercise and not the scale. And ... you've got me scratching my head on verification words. :)
Great Idea with the scale. I know when I weight myself daily I get discouraged because it isn't dropping but when you wait a while you get a larger number and that encouraged me to keep going. Keep up the good work!
This post is awesome! I laughed so hard at the self proclaimed smartest guy in the neighborhood putting his garbage out on the wrong day, for some reason, that was hysterical to me!
Ok, Im off to send more messages to the aliens before this gets approved!
When I say "It's not you, it's me'.....It's you. lol. My word verification word is abeabili. I be able anyone?? huh..huh...well. There you have it.
I didn't step on the scale for the first three weeks of this journey for just that reason, I didn't want to be thrown off kilter. Good luck,
Chris
Post a Comment