Monday, June 22, 2009

Lady Slug-o

Here's a partial list of the bad things I did this weekend. I cannot make a full accounting as I believe I eventually lapsed into a sugar coma about Saturday night. I blame it on the weather; specifically the humidity which is the meteorlogic equivalent of nails on a chalkboard to me.

1) Weighed myself knowing full well it would be an ugly number.
2) Became depressed and assumed the "Who the f*ck cares anymore?" mentality.
3) Ordered Chinese take-out to cheer me up.
4) Added salt to taste to #3 (yes, really).
5) Ate a small bag of Raisinettes (in spite of my self-destructive tendencies, I do still strive for my daily allowance of fiber and antioxidents - no matter what form they may take).
6) Repeated #5 as necessary until aforementioned sugar coma commenced.
7) Put Jillian's Shred DVD on.
8) Watched #7 from a reclining position and threw Raisinettes at the screen whenever Jillian raised her voice.
9) Got a bitchin' good upper arm workout from throwing as detailed in #8.
10) Turned on the treadmill.
11) Watched someone else use it.
12) Promised myself to do better tomorrow.

How was your weekend?

17 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh dear.

If it's any consolation, the crappy weather helped me to wimp out of going to the gym today, which makes no sense because it's not raining inside the gym!

Will have to try the Raisinette-TV toss though, sounds like more fun that stupid pushups and dips etc.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a rough weekend.
But it sure brought a smile to my face reading it. I think I would have found something a bit bigger to throw at Jillian. A brick maybe. :-)

My weekend was awful but not because of diet or weather.Being a hermit is starting to sound more appealing with each new day.

I hope you have a better week.

F. McButter Pants said...

You sound like your weekend was alot like mine, except that food coma didn't commence until last night! Let's both get our mojo RIGHT back!

SL said...

Let's have a raising throwing contest. My weekend mirrored your's in many ways. We'll both do better!

Shelley said...

I'll bet you did get a good upper arm workout - Jillian raises her voice a lot! Drool...I used to eat a movie-theatre size box of Raisinettes every day. Love them, kinda miss them.

Hope your bad weekend is behind you and you have a great week!

VRaz60 said...

Well, at least you kept a food diary!! :)

Did you alternate left and right handed raisinette tossing? Don't want to build one side up too much, ya know.

Unknown said...

Even though you had a crappy weekend, I certainly enjoyed reading about it. Thanks for the giggle today.

Have a fantastic week!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I had to laugh at the thought of you throwing Raisinets at the TV!
You're going to be okay - everyone has days like that. Just be sure to be the one on the treadmill next time!

Tina said...

weather SUCKS!I also eat Raisinettes - they are dark chocolate and they are raisins so they are totally healthy. Moving on... :)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

#8 totally cracked me up!

Humidity and I are NOT friends! That's why I love living on a mountain in Colorado. I melt when we go visit family at lower altitudes. I'll take my 82 degrees and 20% humidity any time.

I lost 4.4lbs yesterday. But it was NOT a fun way to lose. :-P
Path to Health

Unknown said...

uh oh! You cracked me up! I loved #8! :)

Patty said...

Well good, now you have that out of your system. Fresh start Gigi. Everything is going to be ok. :-)

carla said...

*raises hand*

I was right there with you for reasons I wont hijack your post with :)

how you be now, Woman?

slowing finding your way back to the proverbial wagon?

any way I can lend a hand?

MizFit

Anonymous said...

haha! I love your humor. I hear with the salt. I love salt so much and seem to always be adding it to my food whenever I can. I need to work on that

Big Girl said...

Throwing raisins at Jillian counts as exercise, doesn't it?

Hope your week goes better!

Trina said...

Aside from the entire pitcher of beer I drank, it was great!

Anonymous said...

Been there. Get back on track though!