I have to go to the doctor's today for a follow-up on my reflux problem. Great. As you would expect, the only thing I'm really nervous about is the weigh-in. Wish there was an express lane just for face-time with the doctor. I might even pay extra. Maybe that's the solution to defraying the rising cost of health care - take a couple of extra bucks from everyone who wants to skip being weighed. Hello, Congress? Anybody listening?
I've been good about exercise and most of my eating. I still feel like our dinners are too heavy for that time of day and must think of some ways to lighten those up - especially since it's dark so early so walking after dinner really isn't an option.
Some stress factors are dissipating and I'm grateful for the extra breathing room. While trying to sell his late aunt's house (which is also a rental property and in another state), my husband had to deal with 2 scumdogs who wouldn't vacate and it looked like we'd miss the closing because of them. Sometimes, however, the good guys win as my husband's persistence and patience seems to got them out...but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed until it's signed, sealed and delivered.
Hope you're all having a good day.
12 comments:
Gigi, I think you just solved the health care dilemma! Billions of dollars would be made!
I've been thinking the same thing about our dinners which seem to get even heavier as the weather gets cooler. I did pick up a squash and hope to eat lots of winter vegetables as comfort food instead of meat and potatoes :)
Glad your stress is dissipating. I will keep everything crossed for you that it all gets done!
I, too, am off to the Dr. today. I, too, am dreading the weigh in portion of the event. I know, since the issue is with my knee, that a lecture on weight management will come before any other solution is suggested.
I assure you Congress isn't listening. HA!
Glad to hear the good guys win!
I hate the scale at the Dr. office. Years ago I once got on a told the lady not to tell me...she proceeded to say that I hide my weight well. I dont look like I weigh as much as I did. GEE THX! lol I wanted to slap her upside the head! LOL
I NEVER let them weight me at the Dr's. They are fine with it? Hmmm.... maybe I put up too much of a stink that they stopped asking me I wanted to go on the scale.
Most people don't know this, but you can refuse to be weighed. I simply say, "I prefer not to be weighed today, but thank you."
Only one girl challenged me and asked what she should put under weight in my chart and I said, "FAT".
Weighing at the doctors doesn't really bug me so much. Though I don't like going to the doctor and rarely do, so a doctor weigh-in is rather a rare event anyway, LOL!
On winter dinners... one way to lighten things, yet have something cozy, warm and filling is start your meals off with a nice bowl of soup.
Or, make a hearty soup and have that BE dinner. I do that with a crockpot stuffed cabbage soup fairly often in winter.
I would have paid extra for an express lane right around that doctor's scale! Gladly!!
Our dinners are heavy too, but that's my lightest meal volume wise. I eat a light breakfast, a bigger lunch, and small dinner. I'm not sure when that happened, but I think it was in the first year of maintenance.
I hope all the house stuff works out!
I used to work for a doctor and people routinely refused to weigh in. We had to enter "patient refused to weigh" in the blank, but it wasn't a huge deal. Or you can simply close your eyes when you step on and tell the nurse you'd prefer not to know. That way the doctor can keep accurate records but you don't have to stress.
Real estate closings + doctor's visit = cocktail of ick. Poor you.
Just remember, the scale is not the end-all-be-all. You know best how you feel, don't let a number tell you!
sounds like you have a lot on your figurative plate. Good luck to you! I can identify with the "FEAR OF BEING WEIGHED AT THE DOCS" - my phobia began with my pediatrician who took the opportunity to scold my mom and I every year at check up time because I was even fatter than last year. I hate you, Dr. Brodsky!!! lol Isn't it funny how thse tiny experiences can affect a person their entire lives? Keep on keeping on... x T
Post a Comment