Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Exercises For The Insanely Busy

credit: stubailey

Oh my, it's busy season again. My posting is bound to be sort of sporadic these days as I've got some new busy-ness that's keeping me...well, busy. In case you hadn't heard I'm now co-blogging with Crabby and Jo over at Cranky Fitness and loving it! But I'm also in full fund-raising mode for the non-profit and all the year-end scramble that goes along with closing out the financial year too. And then there are the holidaze that are fast approaching. So how does a gal fit in a work-out with so much going on around her? Here are a few activites that I'm counting as exercise during this busy season - although the caloric burn measure is still a little iffy:

- Running off at the mouth
- Losing my head
- Losing my mind
- Swimming against the tide
- Going for broke
- Kicking the can down the road
- Running in place
- Running on empty
- Swimming in quicksand
- Spitting into the wind (not highly recommended)
- Treading water
- Jogging my memory
- Chasing my tail
- Walking on eggshells
- Hopping mad
- Diving for cover

Have I left anything out? Let me know.

12 comments:

F. McButter Pants said...

OMG! You totally described how I am feeling. My fave is swimming against the tide. Do it all the time, then wonder why the hell I am worn out!

Great post!

Shelley said...

If I got exercise "credit" every time I jogged my memory, I'd be fit as a fiddle by now, lol!

Sevenbeads said...

How about Spinning plates? Now they call it multi-tasking.

Camevil said...

What, they don't burn calories???

Shoot.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

How about spinning my wheels? Doesn't that count. If not I think it should!

Carly said...

I'd say pulling an all-nighter, but I always seem to end up a few pounds heavier after those...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Sounds like you are "burning the candle at both ends". Okay, that's lame. How about, "raking in the bucks." You should get SOME compensation for all of your hard work! :):)

Crabby McSlacker said...

Great list! But dang, I can't think of anything to add. Wait, does racking my brain count as exercise?

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Pretty solid regimen, though I'd include jumping to conclusions, running for dear life and exercising your options.

Oh, and you didn't include one you're already doing: lifting readers' spirits.

H.K. said...

I think you got it pretty much covered! Wouldn't it be nice to actually lose calories doing all those things, it would put gyms out of business.

Savvy Sassy Moms said...

I love "kicking the can down the road" Ever since school started I feel the same way, fitting in a workout has been challenging lately. Funny Post!

carla said...

oooh good list.
and my life is so like yours right now and it feels EVERYTHING is creative "finding exercise in unexpected places" because its more about work/the child than me right now.

for now :)

xo xo,

Miz