Monday, October 26, 2009

Booster Club


I need some help here, ladies. While I have lost some acreage around my belly and butt, it has not moved far enough north to make much of a difference with Ethel and Lucy. I don't wear underwire because it's just so uncomfortable but every other bra always rides up in the back no matter what I do or how it fits in the store. I want to stay in a positive frame of mind but when the girls are running too far south of the border, it's hard to look good and feel good - never mind marvelous. So ladies, any suggestions that don't include underwire?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ace bandage?

MissyM said...

How about one of those 18 Hour cross your heart bras? I have one that I use to wear to work. It has a huge back so maybe it wouldnt ride up. And no underwire.

Unknown said...

I hate bras....worst thing us women need to wear! lol I was not blessed with much but I do wear an underwire- Barely There is the brand, and I tried on several styles but I do think they are comfy. :) Good luck to ya! :)

carla said...

Im no help here.
HATETH THE UNDERWIRES yet there so frequently seems to be no other option.

StarvingBitch said...

Sorry I am no help. I need an underwire no matter how uncomfortable they are.

Currently I use a sports bra that is actually in a tank version through Everlast and it works really well at the gym, but when running, not so much, my boobs will unzip the zipper at the top. HA!

But for kickboxing and boxing classes or lifting weights they are great!

I have a Champion Underwire Sports Bra for Running.

Fat[free]Me said...

I find that my bras don't fit like the stores say they should and a tighter band, strong straps and larger cups does the trick for my girls!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Have you ever gotten brave enough to be professionally fitted? I haven't, but I have a friend who did and it made a world of difference. Often times the more upscale department stores will have a certified "fitter."

I hate undergarment shopping. Never find anytime that fits right. I feel your pain!

Mrs. S. said...

Those handy little Strap Perfect things are nice. They sell them at Target now for $10. I liked them when I was wearing my so sexy nursing bra's daily.

Taking It One Day At A Time said...

Never thought I'd bra shop at Wal-Mart; however, in their "boxed" section, I found a "Just My Size" all cotton, no underwire that offers support, separation (I tend to have "uni-boob" with sports bras), and comfort.

It's a process that no one seems to enjoy.

Good luck.

Furry Bottoms said...

I hate the wires too. They always end up poking up through my cleavage! And I wore minimizers for a long time.

I have no idea what bra I am wearing right now but I like it. I think it is a Playtex, and has no wires. Have you tried a sports bra?

Michelle said...

Ok, this is random but I heard it on the radio. True or not, it's amusing! Supposedly this woman mashed up bananas, slept with them inside an old bra, and after a few days the girls 'perk up.'

I have not tried this myself but your post made me remember that I heard this!

Shelley said...

I hate the underwires too but have been wearing the most comfortable underwire bras ever - I got fitted at a Soma store last June (had to go to Austin, a 1.5 hr. drive!) and really, really like their bras. I bought the Emma and I'm telling you, the girls are riding high and looking good!