Oh dear - it's been too long since my last post. The teen got pretty sick and was up at all hours of the night coughing and hacking. September's always a tough month for him (I think going back to school has something to do with it) as he has asthma and his lungs are very touchy. October will probably bring stigmata. But I digress.
So after a week and a half of being up until 4 am with the teen and sleeping until the construction noise next door started up at 7 am, I got completely thrown off plan. Exercise consisted of bicep curls with the handset as I waited for the doctor's office to put a human on the other end of the phone. Not quite Michelle Obama arms but damn close. Eating wasn't out of control but was certainly less than thoughtful as there are just so many ways to prepare Spam. I feel like I'm back to square one but it is what it is. Scooby the wonder dog and I finally got in a walk this morning and while I was grateful for my newfound freedom, it was tempered by the fact that I kept getting lapped by the senior set. Hey, it's a start.
I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll try to stop by and say hello to you all.
11 comments:
Glad you're back...and with a wonder dog, no less!!! Hopefully October will be a much better month for both you and the teen.
Hey, being passed by Seniors means you're at least out and about!! Beats the alternative.
Whew, you have nerves of diamonds, cuz a sickly teen would prematurely age me 20 years.
Good to see you're back, and looking forward to the regular blog program!
Happy to have you back! I used to be fascinated with Stigmata when I was a kid. Leave it to me to focus on the gore of Catholicism. Hope that things get better! Have a great weekend!!
The fall months are hard for asthmatics because of the fungal spores around (well, they are round here anyway).
Glad you are getting some more rest in now - lack of sleep makes everything that much more difficult!
Trip those seniors when they try to pass. You've got your pride!
Poor teen. And poor mom. I bitterly hate it when there is anything amiss with my teens, or their 7 year old sister.
I'm glad he's feeling better and that you are back on track. It's great that you got back to the track, even with the seniors passing you by!
Take care!
So glad the teen is getting better!
And the "getting back on track" thing is so annoying but so important. I hate that square-one feeling but it beats the even more depressing "I'll never get back to it" feeling. Any positive steps are good!
And it's not as though you were goofing off--you had a sick kid to take care of and put your priorities in the right place.
You've got to take care of your kids, you know? Glad to see you're back, taking care of YOU.
As someone who has had pretty bad asthma most of my life, I can tell you this time of year is the WORST. I hope your kid is feeling better now!
hope you got some YOU TIME this weekend.
anything.
no matter how small.
and are starting the week feeling energized and refreshed.
Miz
Post a Comment