Saturday, November 29, 2008

Murphy's Law - 2.0 Version

As I've documented recently here, the stress load in ChunkyMonkeyMamaLand continues to mount. It is bordering on ridiculous. It is classic Murphy's Law: if something can go wrong, it will go wrong and at the worst possible moment. Only on speed - hence the 2.0 version. The problems continue to stack up; one never being resolved before the other one lands on my head. But this is life, as unpleasant as it is these days.

I was in bed last night going through all that I was grateful for. I especially love being in bed where my body and mind can be totally relaxed - no sucking in my stomach, no worrying about worn out inner thigh seams or jelly rolls. I can be at total peace in bed. And then my mind started going over all the problems that have hit recently and I felt the sudden weight of all those worries crash my happy slumber party. It was then I realized that I needed to turn this equation on its head. If all this negative energy can even force my physical well-being to malfunction (I'm talking panic attacks, headaches and the like), then I need to put the positive stuff in charge and let the good vibes rule. I realized that if I kept counting my Murphy's Laws instead of my blessings, I would very soon wind up wearing a jacket that ties in the back.

You can only play the cards you're dealt in life the best way you know how. No one gets to pick which cards they get. If building character is what's going on here, then so be it. It is not the amount and severity of the problems you're given that counts but how you deal with them. I'm determined not to let them take over my life and will continue to look for that silver lining. I know it's there.

No comments: