Happy Friday, everyone! First, the good news. The CT scan showed nothing new or scary but I'm still going to follow up with a GI specialist - just to be on the safe side. Thank you for your words of concern.
Bad new #1: The cracked tooth that needs to be capped soon might first need a root canal. Ditto on the tooth that cracked a few months ago which also needs a crown. I've never been one to have dental problems so this is really throwing me for a loop. Pretty soon I'm going to look like one of the front row at a Billy Ray Cyrus concert. I have to take Advil for the next 4-5 days and then they'll reassess.
Bad news #2: Sh*t - I'm up another 1.2 again!! Granted, I did not work my *ss off this week because of the tooth pain but on the other hand, I didn't eat so much either because it hurt too much. I walked and did yoga but no bouncy-bouncy elliptical. I'm SO frustrated at still being in this same 2 pound zone. It's beginning to feel like a really bad joke every time I get on the scale. I know, I know - I shouldn't pay such close attention to "a number" but I keep expecting it to change any week now. I have an old Weight Watchers book that I'm going to dust off and do that for a week to see if I can somehow power through this stalemate.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
13 comments:
Glad the scan was good news. :) Sorry about the dental woes- that is a pricy appointment you have ahead of you! YIKES!
Dust off that WW book girl- you can do it! :)
Dental drama. Oh noes! Tooth pain will definitely shut you down.
But, hooray for the CT scan results.
And those scale numbers will change.
Glad the scans were ok. But sorry to hear you're suffering tooth difficulties. I'm with ya on the weight loss thing. I think I'm doing ok, but nothing positive to show for it. Drats! Hey, we'll "Git 'er done!" Hang in there with me, kiddo.
Your teeth sound like my husband's teeth - all of a sudden it's root canals and crowns galore. Go to an endo for the RC if you can - he had a much better experience on his second one (with the endo - the dentist said it was too near the nerve and he didn't want to touch it). Glad the CT came out clear - hope you find out what's up, though. Pain is not good and that's why your scale is being bad...pain stresses your body out and we all know that stress messes with your weight loss!
I'm so glad you're good on the ct. Is it r sided pain? Biliary stuff?
Re weight, in my own case, sometimes "being good" doesn't work (sometimes it does, making things complicated.) A food diary and 1600 calories plus some sort of calorie chewing exercise works. But not always immediately or in a straight road.
I give such awesome advice. Maybe I should try it!
Sorry about your teeth! I hate dental work!
Glad the scans were o.k! I hear you on the teeth, i have two that crack and get fixed and i really need them capped but first i have to find the $ :)
Glad to hear about the scan but not about the teeth! Poor thing! Dh just had to have a wisom tooth pulled & it cracked while they were removing it which made things more intense that he was expecting but luckily that stuff heals up pretty quickly. :)
Sorry to hear about the gain. I feel ya as I've been seeing all the same numbers within 3-5lbs for the past month or more. Frustrating!!!
Have a great weekend!
Lynn
Oh Girlfriend we are walking on the same road. Dental stuff, scale stuff, what's a girl to do!
Glad to hear the good news about the CT scan. Have a good weekend!
Don't stress too much about the gain. When I hurt my back last year, the dr, told me to take 3 Advil 4 times a day. I did & I gained. not because of what I ate, but because of the amount of Advil I was taking. Once I was over the pain and off the Advil, That gain went away! So, maybe good news, bad news, bad news, good news!
What a relief that the scan was okay. I was thinking about you.
I'm so sorry that you are having tooth problems. I hate the dentist. Hate it a lot.
And the bouncing around the same two pounds? You've been under a lot of stress and I think during times like that sometimes being into maintenance mode for a bit isn't always a terrible thing. I know how frustrating it is though - believe me I know!
So sorry to hear about the dental stuff, but really glad about the CT scan!
As frustrating as the scale stuff is, the healthy eating and exercise is still SO good for you regardless of the scale numbers, that you should feel proud of yourself for all your efforts. It still "counts" even when the scale is being stubborn and evil.
I'm glad to hear the CT scan turned up well, but sorry about your teeth and the gain!!! Perhaps stress is the cause??
I'm with you on that 'sick of gaining/losing the same few pounds' issue. I do /not/ get what the body thinks it's doing.
Post a Comment