It's Not What You're Eating - It's What's Eating You. My View From the Buffet Table.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Old Dog, New Tricks
I know I promised to blog more often and catch up on reading all of your blogs but life just keeps insisting on getting in the way. It has been a really busy week here: all the political hoo-ha that went on here in MA was so wonderfully exciting and distracting, clearing 4" of snow from the "dusting" the overpaid weather guy said we'd get, getting a cracked tooth fixed, power outage for most of yesterday, a long-awaited CT scan last night and finally today, a morning of skiing with hubby. I'm pooped.
The semi-good news is that I've stayed the same weight-wise. I know, I know - I'm supposed to be losing it. I've been looking over my food journal and discovered that dinner has been heavier than it should be. I think I can make some real changes there that should help me move lower on the scale.
I also haven't been blogging very often because sometimes it just feels like I'm over-thinking it. It's been THE ONLY thing on my mind for a long time and I just felt the need some variety in my life - but with things that won't take me away from the goal that I've set for myself. Like I haven't been able to see the forest for the trees.
I have also been taking myself outside of my usual comfort zone starting this new year. I was stagnating on many fronts and it was really sucking the joy out of life. I would always find reasons not to do something instead of the other way around. So we've started going to a new church which seems like it has a lot of friendly people in addition to that spiritual element I've been craving. I went skiing again today because it was a beautiful day and hubby had it off and I wanted to break up my routine. And I'm happy to report that I'm actually picking up pretty well where I left off with my skiing 6 years ago. And let me tell you what a lift to my fragile little psyche it is to feel myself getting good at something again. I think these new sprouts of confidence will really help my weight loss efforts. Feeling down and defeated all the time generally becomes a vicious cycle and I was caught up in it big time. It has been a little scary making myself do new things but I feel so much better about myself now and want to keep that going. Huh - I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks.
Hope you all have a great weekend!! Will catch up with you next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Trying new things, and feeling great about it is a good thing! That confidence will do wonders for your weight loss efforts. Just keep your eye on the prize, and like you said, don't over think it. This is real life!
Glad you went skiing today - what a fun thing to do on a random Friday! And with all the business going on, to maintain is great!
Love the picture and your life sounds like so much fun at the moment! Good for you! I've been reminding myself to live outside my comfort zone and it really does make things more fun!
Sounds like you are going in a great direction for 2010!
I love trying new things & pushing to see what I can do. Enjoy them! :)
Best wishes,
Lynn
Good for you, Gigi! Getting out of that comfort, no matter how stagnate it can get is the first step!
OK that picture is disturbing
I am deeply impressed with people who can ski without hurting themselves. You're a goddess in my book.
I get you with the self-regard struggles. I think I, personally, need to work on lowering my standards.
Right now Im entirely leading my life with an eye to softening my attachment to my self definition.
scary and empowering.
Scarepowering.
Miz.
Ah, skiing and spirituality. Love it! No better way to lose weight than by address your satisfaction with your whole life.
Post a Comment