Monday, January 25, 2010

"Dead Meat" Is In The Dictionary...

Dead, but happy, meat.

Really, look it up. Merriam-Webster "New" Edition. "Dead meat n: one that is doomed." I was looking up another word and happened to see this one at the top of the page. It SO describes my mood today - I cannot get out of my own way and am in a very heightened state of anxiety. Had my CT scan last Thursday for some mysterious abdominal pain and haven't heard back yet. Then my dentist tells me that once I get the "all clear" on the CT, it's time for those new crowns he says I need (one of the teeth was cracked from renewing my relationship with baby carrots - never again - pureed veggies from now on!!!!!). Then I broke a glass bowl all over the kitchen counter and even though I've practically squeegeed the counter top sealant off, I'm still a little freaked that I may have missed a tiny shard somewhere. If I don't post again, you'll know why. Grrrrr......I hate Mondays. Thanks for letting me vent.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending well wishes, hope that scan comes through clean! The dentist is another story...lol I use to "suck spit "as your friendly dental assistant for 15 years and have to listen to the drill all day long! lol

Shelley said...

Seriously, a baby carrot cracked your tooth? That would put me off of veggies forever!!!

Sorry it's been a bad Monday - hope things get better soon. And your CT scan is clear. Let us know, ok?

Julia said...

No news is hopefully good news on the scan and that was some expensive carrot you ate.
At least Monday is nearly over and you can enjoy the rest of the week.

Julia
http://juliasjourney-finally.blogspot.com/

Camevil said...

Sounds like you should carry your own liability insurance. Wow.

Fingers crossed on the CT scan. Team Gigi.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I hate it when we break glass on the kitchen counter! One time my husband broke a glass right near our dinner that I had just taken out of the oven. I was so worried it may have a stray glass shard in it I threw the whole thing away! Then we had to have peanut butter sandwiches and no one was happy with John that night!

I hope the CT scan gives you the answers. Sorry you have been having pain!

Sevenbeads said...

Tuesday will be better. Good luck with the CT scan.

carla said...

checking back...any news yet?


Carla

Larkspur said...

Usually if it's bad they speed things up a bit. But waiting is unpleasant. My abdominal pain turned out to be gallbladder troubles + biliary stones-- not fun but much better after cholecystectomy. Hope all is well and that you're feeling better soon.