I've been out of touch for SO long and have missed reading everyone's blogs. The weekend in VT was a blast but the amount of time packing and shipping off pets is the same whether I'm gone for 2 days or ten. And then I get to undo everything I spent hours doing just 2 days ago. There are still Christmas decorations all over the house and finally got some laundry in before the Department of Health made good on that notice (I kid).
This week feels incredibly "heavy" to me - like I'm not going to have another loss on Friday. I didn't exactly eat like I was going to the chair this weekend but it was not my usual better-than-average fare. The skiing was fun and exhausting but my shins felt really bruised from the fugly orange boots and my calves were strung tighter than Nancy Pelosi's face so I wasn't able to workout Monday and Tuesday for fear I might tear something (instead of my usual seams). I did some free weights on upper body but can tell it hasn't made a dent. I just feel "dense". The eating was back under control first thing Monday but the weight loss gods are making me pay for the fun.
Today was my weekly trip down to CT to visit my parents so I pretty much sat for 6 to 7 hours and had errands up the wazoo when I arrived home so no workout today. Luckily, yesterday was a long, glorious walk in the park with Scooby and tomorrow I'll be back at the gym. General mood: crappy.
I'll be catching up with you all soon.
8 comments:
Don't like them "heavy" weeks. Hope things lighten up soon...
Glad you made it back - sounds like it was fun for the most part! I hear ya on the calves - ski boots always kill my legs.
So eating like you're going to the chair...this is a no no?
Anyway, I feel your pain and am glad to find you back in the circle.
Welcome back---man, my calves and shins killed after skiing for a few hours!!!
I'm sorry you had all that driving. Hard on the bod. Hope tomorrow offers more opportunities to relax and take care of yourself.
exhausting days for you.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
and more importantly BE KIND to yourself.
its one small week in a pool of 52.
xo xo,
MizFit
You'll feel much better when you get back in your normal routine, and it sounds like it was totally worth it to have a fun ski weekend.
Plus, skiing is good exercise, right?
I hope that the heavy is just in your mind. Glad to hear your trip was fun - have a safe visit with your folks.
Take care,
Diane
Post a Comment